Real rough idle will not accelerate

neverkickn

Reaction score
Just saw where you said you drained the fuel bowl. Did you collect and anylize the contents?

neverkickn

Reaction score
So you drained it into a catch and looked for water? Do you have a filter/water seperator pre pump?

RoadRash

Reaction score
I did catch it. Ignore the black stuff, that was when I pushed the cut out bottle up under the truck to catch it. I have never seen water in fuel before, but it doesn't look like it has any. I'm going to let it sit and see if it separates. My fuel system is stock, so I have no aftermarket separators.

NCM_0020.jpg

NCM_0021.jpg

neverkickn

Reaction score
Maybe it is the light but that fuel doesn't look "neon" enough for lack of a better description.

I would call the division of consumer services and tell them you think you may have pumped some bad fuel. They will send someone out to test the fuel and report back to you with an analysis.

RoadRash

Reaction score
Well I think because i was an idiot and waited to the fuel light came on, and while i had the truck idling and filling it up I may have sutured the trash in the take up and sucked it in. So tomorrow I am going to pull the bed off and check the pre-screens. Also going to do the 50 cent mode tomorrow while I have the valve covers off.

Still taking idea/help if anyone has any.

RoadRash

Reaction score
Maybe it is the light but that fuel doesn't look "neon" enough for lack of a better description.

I would call the division of consumer services and tell them you think you may have pumped some bad fuel. They will send someone out to test the fuel and report back to you with an analysis.

Okay, will do.

Arisley

Reaction score
Unplug your fuel bowl heater, the electrical plug on the back of the fuel bowl. It is completely unneeded. If you don't, the next time it turns on it will pop the fuse. That fuse is also the fuse for the PCM.

While you have the bed off and the tank apart do the Hutch and Harpoon mods.

http://www.guzzle7pt3.com/hutch.php

I am betting this will fix your issue. Yes you attach the fuel gauge to the test ports on the side of the fuel bowl. Should be 60 - 65 lbs.

A quick down and dirty fuel pressure test. Attach a hos to the drain tube under the truck. Drain the bowl, place the hose in a container, turn on the key, it should pump a quart in 15 seconds.

Latest posts

Members online