Realistic max hp for a stock SD.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Just curious what I have to gain on a stock 2000 SD. Not looking for anything crazy at this point, I'd be happy w/350 HP. Are splits capable of that with just tunes, exhaust and intake? Since all 7.3 IDM's are same will an SD also benefit from modding? Any other freebies I should know about? Already have gauges, dp and straight exhaust.

bruce

Reaction score
i will say its possible if your hpop is still strong, prolly need live tunin to get there though

Talyn

Reaction score
Live tuning?

Out of the box tuning from DP should get you where you need to go on stock SD.

Jody's live tuned so many trucks, his outa the box tunes should be more than enough for most people.

bruce

Reaction score
Live tuning?

Out of the box tuning from DP should get you where you need to go on stock SD.

Jody's live tuned so many trucks, his outa the box tunes should be more than enough for most people.

i remember when i ran jody's tunes

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
It is possible but everything is running at its max. I wouldn't trust it like that for long. Be better off with some stg 1 or 2 inj(although I personally would just go with a hybrid), a aftermarket hpop (pick one), and a 38r for reliability.

Just my .02

Bean

Reaction score
350 is possible as long as fuel pump keeps up and hpop keeps up. We have made more then that with some live tuning and tweaking it to get the very most out of it. Doesnt make it unsafe at all, all tuning is tuned to the MAXXX. Who buys stage 1's and doesnt want every bit of hp out of them?

I say get some good tuning to start with then check your hpo and if its dropping real bad get a pump and check you fuel pressure. Those two with the right tuning and you will be 350+

jkidd_39

Reaction score
It's possible but I think a set of stage ones will get you there easier and the fuel economy gain is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

Latest posts

Members online