Rear entertainment in my 6.7L

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I would post this in the proper section, however that section seems to get very low traffic...

I've been doing a bit of research on rear entertainment and am completely stumped about what to do. I don't want to necessarily spend $2,000 for oem headrest dvd players. I have them in my wife's denali and the kids live by them on long road trips.

I've seen some guys with tablets mounted on the head rests. Ect.ect.

What do you guys have or what are you guys using? All opinions and pictures wanted and welcome.

Thanks

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I have pondered the same topic and I will be doing tablets for our two children when we decide to let them partake in the technology. Way too many options with tablets over headrest or ceiling monitors including the cost advantage and portability.

Horsemover

Reaction score
iPads...I also have a mount for one that connects to the headrest but now even my 4 year old holds hers when on long trips.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ive got a dual screen dvd player set up that uses an adjustable nylon strap to fit it to the head rest. The screens connect to eachother, so the same movie will jave to be watched by both kids, but my boy loves it. I also like that its removeable, so its less enticing to assholes, and the heat out here wont kill them.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Ive got a dual screen dvd player set up that uses an adjustable nylon strap to fit it to the head rest. The screens connect to eachother, so the same movie will jave to be watched by both kids, but my boy loves it. I also like that its removeable, so its less enticing to assholes, and the heat out here wont kill them.

Which system do you have?

uga_dawg

Reaction score
We went the tablet route. I'd go Kindle over iPad for kids. Much cheaper and you can add memory. Also the kid app plan they have is really nice and limits them to what they can access.

BK39

Reaction score
iPads...I also have a mount for one that connects to the headrest but now even my 4 year old holds hers when on long trips.

^^^^ This. That way she can navigate/change movies, go to video games........etc, whatever she wants, without me having to do it.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
ok.. My next question is regarding the tablet,

What software are you using to put the videos on the tablets? I know Disney movies are a different format..

Horsemover

Reaction score
With the IPad we just buy the blue ray version of the disk which 9 times out of 10 comes with the electronic version you can download. I would think it would be the same for any tablet.

jcain

Reaction score
ok.. My next question is regarding the tablet,

What software are you using to put the videos on the tablets? I know Disney movies are a different format..

Plexpass or Emby. It'll trsnscode and send a copy to your device of choice of any of our 500+ Blu-ray's we have on our server at home.

cbf9703

Reaction score
I have a set like this for my ex..not sure the model, but they're Sylvania. They have an AC plug or power port adapter. They've worked well for the last few years. I also had a portable DVD player, but it doesn't work as good for 2 kids- I liked it because I could bring it inside at family member's houses with the kids easier.

Mine like the tablet (used an older Kindle fire and an iPad), but they're still little and tend to hit things that pull them out of the movie or game on occasion and they get frustrated. They both had the DVD players figured out much better than tablets early on, but I see tablets as the best way to go as they get older.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Tablet is the route we went with my twins. I still have the overhead video in my Excursion, but don't see us using it very often in the future.

Went with the amazon fire. Got them during a special online and was less than 100 each.

You can add a SD card for more memory when needed so you can put the movies right on the tablet.

drservo

Reaction score
I went with the Invision/Advent dual headrest replacements, they were expensive but work great and are an identical match.

Latest posts

Members online