Rear oil leak

TyCorr

Reaction score
Whats a reasonable amount of time to pull the motor?

I figured it'd take me a good Saturday to get mine out. Its easiest to just pull the whole front end off the truck?

Im about to pull my fuggin motor and replace every seal in the SOB and then paint everyything. Put new inj's in and stud the mother ***ker...

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Whats a reasonable amount of time to pull the motor?

I figured it'd take me a good Saturday to get mine out. Its easiest to just pull the whole front end off the truck?

Im about to pull my fuggin motor and replace every seal in the SOB and then paint everyything. Put new inj's in and stud the mother ***ker...

It's only a couple of hours to pull it out. If you haven't done it before then a good day would probably be right. And yes I find it easiest to pull the front end apart. Doesn't take that long at all.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I buy the stuff from INTL the grey death crap with the huge warning label etc.. Its 50$ up here for the small RTV size tube and over 100$ for the half size tube for a caulking gun.

What stuff are you guys using from Ford ? I know you cant just use black RTV.

I had my motor on the stand from roll in the driveway in just shy of 4 hrs. Yes pull everything off the front it makes it easier. I pull the turbo in the chassis cause it gives more room to lift straight up.

Junkie, I have no oil in the valley. And the small sweat around the odd spot on the valve cover is no where enough of what it looses. I lost 5-6L between oil change. I found the Pan leak.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I buy the stuff from INTL the grey death crap with the huge warning label etc.. Its 50$ up here for the small RTV size tube and over 100$ for the half size tube for a caulking gun.

I had my motor on the stand from roll in the driveway in just shy of 4 hrs. Yes pull everything off the front it makes it easier. I pull the turbo in the chassis cause it gives more room to lift straight up.

Junkie, I have no oil in the valley. And the small sweat around the odd spot on the valve cover is no where enough of what it looses. I lost 5-6L between oil change. I found the Pan leak.

Are you talking about the International T442 gray silicone? If so I have 3 tubes of it just sitting around LOL My dad is a diesel mechanic at a shop where 95% of the work is on International stuff. Every time they get a rebuild kit from International the tube of silicone comes with it. Needless to say, he has a stockpile of it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
It's only a couple of hours to pull it out. If you haven't done it before then a good day would probably be right. And yes I find it easiest to pull the front end apart. Doesn't take that long at all.

Awesome!!

I definitely am adept at taking the frontend off the truck. I take that sucker off in ten min. Tops...

Is my lift going to make this a royal pita? Or help?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Also take a look at the hpo rail plug in the back of the head. They don't leak often but when they do, do they ever leak

I need to check there. I have a nasty puddle of oil on the pass side on the ground. It only happens if I get the truck really warm though. My truck doesnt seem to get hot unless its really hot outside and I run a heavy tune or if I tow something heavy. This leak either doesnt leak or there is a puddle. No in between.

Homesteader

Reaction score

This what I used.

f8bcdf70.jpg

brandisux10

Reaction score
i'm using rotella but i'm also having short term minor oil leak issues i wasn't sure if it would help until i get the time to do the rear main seal

TyCorr

Reaction score
no...the only thing that helps an oil leak is a new seal.

Its snake oil...Our trucks dont liek shti added to the oil. I guess 6Ohs like revx but I dont think thats totatlly accepted practice either.

brandisux10

Reaction score
the only reason i think its the rear main is because its at the back of the motor and before the tranny was rebuilt it was barely noticeable, I'm thinkin with the tranny comin out that might be why it is how it is now, but i'm open to opinions and suggestions

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
the only reason i think its the rear main is because its at the back of the motor and before the tranny was rebuilt it was barely noticeable, I'm thinkin with the tranny comin out that might be why it is how it is now, but i'm open to opinions and suggestions

So you have pulled the inspection plate off and it is coming from inside the bell housing?

Latest posts

Members online