Rebuilt injector lifespan

little luke

Reaction score
How many miles are people getting out of rebuilt from core injectors. Ive got 165k on my stock injectors and I'm looking into injectors at the first of the year. Injectors have had stiction issue since 140k, but that issue has been masked by rev x and ar9100. I just don't want to drop the dime on having the injectors gone through and modified if they will only last me another 20k miles. Truck is paid off in Feb and I would rather fix this POS then get under another loan.

04stroker

Reaction score
We have had really good success with our rebuilt injectors and very little failures especially when we add our new solenoids. With that being said I still always recommend new Ford remans. Especially if you plan on keeping the truck a long time, they will last the longest, run the best etc... Granted they are a good bit more money ours also come with a 2 year warranty. So if your the kind of guy who does not mind spending a little more to get a better longer lasting product get the injectors built from new Ford remans and don't look back. If you want to save money and go the cheapest route get yours rebuilt.

Gary

Reaction score
I would ONLY use Motorcraft injectors, anything else is a gamble. Every brand I've tried has had issues, and I'm testing with a Hickok G2 tester, youtube it.

04stroker

Reaction score
Ryken what's your opinion of the Alliant power reman injectors?

They have a decent reman program but they still do not use new solenoids like Ford does. They do install new spool valves now not sure what the process is there, whether they are just replacements or made slightly oversize and body's honed to match. Hopefully they are slightly bigger and housings honed to match otherwise your wasting your time IMO.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I've replaced A LOT of alliant injectors, 6.0's and 7.3's, literally in the hundreds if not thousands in the last 5ish years.

webb06

Reaction score
New ford reman lol are they new? Or are they reman? They can't be both.

We install a lot of Alliant power injectors, were a dealer, we do have failures from time to time but one good thing is that they are pretty solid on they're warranty.

We used to use motor craft until we got a a handful of injectors, over a couple month period, that were dead in the water upon initial start up.

We've also tried out pure power injectors. They're pretty solid too, they told us they only reused part on the injector is the main body. All other pieces are new. So that's plus.

little luke

Reaction score
Ok, let me ask this. What is it that would fail in an injector after a rebuild. I always here people say "I have a bad injector" but I'm not clear on what breaks

webb06

Reaction score
Ok, let me ask this. What is it that would fail in an injector after a rebuild. I always here people say "I have a bad injector" but I'm not clear on what breaks

A lot of the time it's the solenoid. At least on Alliant injectors, since they reuse them

Latest posts

Members online