Reburn TS vs Hydra

freddie

Reaction score
Quick question but first the backstory.
So I have a TS6, with old tunes from my old setup (250's, QSSB). Truck has stock injectors and turbo for the time being, but I am a HPOP and injectors away from installing a T4, BASB, etc. Already have efuel, BTS, studs, etc.

Til then, the stock 7.3L is less than inspiring when towing a buddy's camper. I have plans to tow the camper down to Tennessee in the near future, before I will have the new parts installed. I do NOT want to tow it 8-10 hours with the current setup.

Should I have my TS burned with canned TS tunes or vendor tunes for that matter, or just put that money towards the Hydra? I was thinking that a reburn of a TS chip was like $75, but that's been years ago. Looks like GH and the like charge ~$165 for tunes for a stock truck.

Once I get injectors, and get the BASB installed, I don't plan on changing from that setup. However, the appeal of the Hydra is that any back-and-forth perfecting of my BASB tunes would be much easier if I could email with the tuner vs pulling the TS chip.

Only catch, is that from what I can tell, to get a Hydra with any sort of stock canned tunes, is near $500..??

joe d

Reaction score
Hydra... Some vendors will also kinda barter with your ts for a few $$ towars the new hydra..

redneck1

Reaction score
Get a hydra with GH tunes. I don't know if they still do it, but I dealt with them directly on my 7.3 and they told me it was lifetime. Any changes needed down the road were free. Dunno if they still do that, but in your case that would work awesome.

Beyond the edge of reason

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.