Recon SUPER DUTY Lettering Kit / Any Experience? / Any photos?

truckman1974

Reaction score
So I decided that I wanted to put some of the letters in the SUPER DUTY on the front grill......and I start looking on ebay at what's available. I see I can get the decals for about $15. Then I see that Recon makes some sort of acrylic cut out type lettering (in different colors). However, $15 is out the window, of course, because we're no longer talking about simply a decal....

Anyone have any experience with these Recon letters? Are they worth the $70+ that they are going to cost (that's a cost for a kit that comes with grill, tailgate, and passenger side dash). I don't particularly care for the dash piece because in the photo it doesn't look that good. I do like the idea of the grill and tailgate though.......

My truck is ingot silver with chrome grill so I was trying to decide between putting a dark grey (like my 2 tone part) or just black. I'm leaning more toward the black just because there's other black areas that it'll tie in to. For the tailgate, chrome lettering will be fine......

So, again, anyone have experience with these Recon kits? Do they stay stuck on there? What do y'all think? (If anyone wants to stick up photos feel free...)

Thanks....

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Don't waste your $,i recently purchased this set & its cheap chinese crap.I had to deep 6 the dash pieces as they were either defective letter E,didnt fit P or stick Y,plus the tailgate & grill lettering would have sharp edges where there should of been a radius & vise versa.I will let you know they're 20 footers as @ that distance they look good.

truckman1974

Reaction score
So you think just the simple decals are a better way to go?

I really don't care about putting letters in the back (on the tailgate), just thought it would look good on the front grille.....but since the "kit" was coming with them then I was considering it.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I personally love how they look, painting them would be better. And as Charles said the corners are sharp in spots they should be radius. The tape is junk, the dash pieces didn't fit at all but I didn't want them anyways. I used emblem adhesive on all the tailgate letters and it worked great. The grill letters had no issues. I'd do it again, because I like how it looks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    599.6 KB · Views: 136

Nj67

Reaction score
I went to a local vinyl shop and had them make me set for $20. Took him a few trys to get tge sizing correct but came out great.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Do the Recon Letter fit down in there flush or do they stick up above the letter indentions they are resting in?

I will probably just go with the decals........but still curious.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.