Red Eagle Alto Clutches

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
I bought a suncoast rebuild kit and it came with red eagle alto clutches (kicking myself for not doing my homework) and I have my transmission torn apart. Are they really that bad? Can I make them last longer with valve body tuning and increasing line pressure through tuning?

907DAVE

Reaction score
I have been running them for the past few years without an issue.

What were the complaints?

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
teeth being to soft, glazing easily (slipping). what mods are done to your motor(So I got an idea of how much torque your transmission is holding)?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Tranny has seen 238/100's, 300/200's, 450/400's. All were ran on a compound turbo'd motor and towed heavy on a regular basis.

907DAVE

Reaction score
I did. Transgo Tugger 2, Transgo TCC kit, billet input....and of course the red clutches.

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
what is the transgo tcc kit? currently the parts i gathered are cryogenically treated input, intermediate, and output shafts. Sonnax sure cure kit, suncoast converter and suncoast rebuild kit with red eagle clutches. how many extra clutches beyond the stock amount did you add to each drum?

IDP

Reaction score
Mine lasted fine too. Went 4 seasons in my pulling truck, just tore it down cause I sold it and all the clutchs were fine. They were all powerpacks, no real wear or burn spots. My truck dyno'd over 650.

moose99psd

Reaction score
ive got them in mine, and joe(csipsd) has them in his as well, i tow 10k+ somewhat regular with the race season and joe has seen a hell of alot more than that and tows a 3x' camper all over for work with no issues.

Latest posts

Members online