Red Truck comes apart....Again.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
so after a slight issue with one injector plug (my own fault for rushing)

I have one side back together, should have the other side buttoned up by the end of this week. and since my 66 had some shaft play and after talking to James at Barder turbo, a new 66sxe is on the way. hope to give the truck a little more pep and really looking forward to just driving and enjoying this thing

IMG_3421_zpswzmiewcl.jpg

IMG_3436_zpstpvxqqmw.jpg

one other change coming to this truck this year, but were going to hold off until all the details are finalized

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truck runs and drives, chasing an injector contribution right now, waiting for an injector harness and one last item to show up. we have be jamming at the shop so taking us a little time to get to it.

did have it out on the road last week, this sxe turbo is definitely well worth it, well most likely be upgrading the 480 next winter to the sxe as well.

till then its holding its place collecting the dust

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well the truck still skips at idle, but runs great, definite difference in spoolup with this 66sxe turbo. hoping to get the injector issue squared away asap but well be taking the truck to an event this weekend so depending how it runs on the way out there maybe well send it down the track.

sootie

Reaction score
well the truck still skips at idle, but runs great, definite difference in spoolup with this 66sxe turbo. hoping to get the injector issue squared away asap but well be taking the truck to an event this weekend so depending how it runs on the way out there maybe well send it down the track.

maybe the skip will clear up after a decent drive? Please keep the motor in it this event lol that truck is too pretty to sit in a shop wounded...

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
maybe the skip will clear up after a decent drive? Please keep the motor in it this event lol that truck is too pretty to sit in a shop wounded...

have some cosmetic changes coming in for it, so likely this will be the last event where it looks like this, but well see how it goes on the ride up if it runs ok, maybe il make a fuel pass and see how it likes it....but im not saying il be leaving the nitrous bottle home.....

Last edited:

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Well the weather was on and off but truck ran really well this weekend, decided to run it down the track after the injector code cleared up. Didn't run anything impressive decided to stay on the street file and fuel only just to see how it would handle it. Made 2 passes at 13.9 &13.8. Nothing impressive by any means but glad to see the truck is running good. Now we'll turn up the tune dial in the spray and see if we can get high 12s out of it!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
seems like some boxes have shown up today for the red truck! well get this stuff taken care of, and a little under the hood cleanup, then time for some actual enjoyment of the truck!

Rob D

Reaction score
:flipa:Wow Mark - you will make a great husband one day. Talk about loyalty and commitment. Glad to see the truck is up and running brother.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
:flipa:Wow Mark - you will make a great husband one day. Talk about loyalty and commitment. Glad to see the truck is up and running brother.

see I keep breaking the truck because my excuse to my GF is I cant focus on a wedding because I got broken trucks LOL