Red Truck comes apart....Again.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Fuel fittings finally came in, Tonight il be getting the fuel system plumbed back up, mounting the LP turbo, finishing up the wiring harness. This truck is so close to cab down, just need my intake manifold and piping back from Powder, which im hoping is today or tomorrow!

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
fuel system done, turbos back together, regulated return started to put back on, up pipes in, wrapped some piping, and got the stage 1 manifold back from powder coat, and the turbo piping back as well. Tonight's goal, get the manifold bolted down, alternator, belt, tighten all the fuel lines, get the front fan back on.

IMG_5091_zpsb7c5d45d.jpg

IMG_5094_zpsfb9d455a.jpg

IMG_5095_zps438d9d83.jpg

IMG_5108_zpsbe7034ea.jpg

IMG_5109_zpse550d216.jpg

IMG_5110_zpsad6fd3d8.jpg

IMG_5111_zps9bac7c97.jpg

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Mmmmm..... I want to see it run :)

you and me both

should have the wheels back from powder this week! looking like the cab should be ready to go down on Saturday. Rest of the motor should be together tonight, turbos on ect, one last piece I need to figure out is the egr delete portion of on the manifold. I already have it mostly worked out, just have to finish up my coolant reroute from the oil cooler.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
IMG_5118_zps6bd82f40.jpg

IMG_5121_zpsa35ceb6e.jpg

IMG_5122_zps97e47e9d.jpg

IMG_5123_zpsfb59e5f1.jpg

Trucks coming together nicely, manifold bolted down perfectly, turbos in place, the wiring looks a little like spaghetti right now, but it will be nice and clean when its all done, Few minor things to take care of tonight, and hoping the cab goes down on Friday. Hope to hear this thing run this weekend.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
truck is close!....go the cab down, and the truck fired up and running this weekend. things left on the list, hook up the blow off valve, finish some wiring under the hood, get the wheels and tires mounted up, and change a wheel seal. Lost that little clip that holds the transmission linkage to the trans, new one should be in today, and I can finally get this truck rolling out the door.

th_IMG_5139_zps75f23773.jpg

Last edited:

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well, the trucks together, and driving. Gta figure out an issue with my transmission, put the shocks back in, put the hardware back on the wheels, get some center caps, do some wiring, brake lines, brakes, and a really good detail. But this thing is awesome to drive again

Motostroker

Reaction score
well, the trucks together, and driving. Gta figure out an issue with my transmission, put the shocks back in, put the hardware back on the wheels, get some center caps, do some wiring, brake lines, brakes, and a really good detail. But this thing is awesome to drive again

Awesome to hear! I might hit you up for info on compounds. Let us know how she pulls

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well a majority of this thing is done, gta figure out center caps for the wheels, a good wax and cleaning, fix the small spot on my door, and still have to get to the trans issue. Truck has about 10 miles on it, loading up my tunes tomorrow as well.

With the coolant reroute kit we made, and the ported manifold Im glad to see the coolant temps cant peak past 190-191. And the throttle response seems better as well.
New tunes im sure will improve that even further.

its getting close!

Reaction score
well a majority of this thing is done, gta figure out center caps for the wheels, a good wax and cleaning, fix the small spot on my door, and still have to get to the trans issue. Truck has about 10 miles on it, loading up my tunes tomorrow as well.

With the coolant reroute kit we made, and the ported manifold Im glad to see the coolant temps cant peak past 190-191. And the throttle response seems better as well.
New tunes im sure will improve that even further.

its getting close!

U should put some miles on it and drive it to the ct dyno day and hang out with josh and I ;)

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
had the truck out for a little bit last night, got the coilovers all squared away, shocks mounted up front, door fixed, now just some clean up under the hood and some tweaks to the tuning and this thing will be ready for a serious cleaning...

photo2_zps5936e0f0.jpg

Latest posts

Members online