Redline 5w40 Oil?

Hoody

Reaction score
I was thinking about using Redline SAE 5w40 Oil but I can't find much on people running it on 7.3's? Is using redline's 5w40 safe? Rotella 15w40 makes my motor romp like crazy or not start at all this winter so I need to change to a 5w40, I have 4 gallons worth of 5w40 Redline in my garage that I never used so I figured I'd ask if it'd be safe to use or if it would hurt my engine, it doesn't seem to have CJ-4 ratings, not sure if that matters for me since my truck is a 02 7.3.. Any suggestions are appreciated.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I was thinking about using Redline SAE 5w40 Oil but I can't find much on people running it on 7.3's? Is using redline's 5w40 safe? Rotella 15w40 makes my motor romp like crazy or not start at all this winter so I need to change to a 5w40, I have 4 gallons worth of 5w40 Redline in my garage that I never used so I figured I'd ask if it'd be safe to use or if it would hurt my engine, it doesn't seem to have CJ-4 ratings, not sure if that matters for me since my truck is a 02 7.3.. Any suggestions are appreciated.
i wouldn't use it. i am asuming being redline its not a diesel specific oil.. try cheveron delo 15-40. i have never had an issue with my dually in the winter.. i dont even plug it in... the rest of the oils i had issues with except amsoil... but i never tried valvoline synthetic or delo synthetic either... i would run atf in my motor before i ever put ANY shell oil back in it..

live life full throttle

mandkole

Reaction score
I ran rotella, delvac and delo in the obs with little noticed difference, but run delo in the SD.

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
until you have ran other oils, you wont notice how crappy shell products run in a heui motor..

live life full throttle

Ive ran a ton of different kinds of 15w40 and just the switch to 5w40 made a huge difference in making my truck start easier. Next time ill try something different and see if it gets even better. this thing is a pig to start some days

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ive ran a ton of different kinds of 15w40 and just the switch to 5w40 made a huge difference in making my truck start easier. Next time ill try something different and see if it gets even better. this thing is a pig to start some days
i think they all have a mind of their own.

live life full throttle

aceltx

Reaction score
I run the schaffers 5w-40 in the winter and schaffers 15-40w in the summer. Only problem I noticed is I burn some of the 5w-40 in the winter all my ic pipes and boots have a coating of oil on them,bindont burn a drop of the 15w-40, but what a huge difference in cold starting, my truck started right up -10f not plugged in with 5-40, but struggled to start 10f with the 15-40

Latest posts

Members online