Reduced power after WOT XRace?

ingrahams

Reaction score
Well finally joined the 6.4 crowd (again) and purchased a 08 ccsb FX4 with 82000 miles, after bringing it home it immediately had a 5" DP back flo-pro exhaust installed along with a afe CAI and SCT livewire with innovatives tunes loaded. There has been a little bit of a learning curve on trying to figure out how to set it up just right. I have found that the XStreet works the best for me, however when i put in XRace it shifts like crap (trans learning?) and then it will go into reduced power mode. I forgot to pull the codes before I cleared them and went back to the XStreet so I just curious if anyone else had issues like this. Also when i am running the xstreet the CEL will come on with the following codes...p0480, p041d, p1000. I m not sure what the fan circuit has to do with anything I have done but would the egr temp sensor code go away if I selected that I had removed the EGR system in the sct? Would that deactivate the system even though it is still on the truck? Thanks for any help
-Stew

Powerstroke85

Reaction score
I just also put a livewire on my 08 and i also like the xtreme street as well but have been getting the cel light and the same codes as you. I still have the egr on my truck as well and in the options where it ask's about the egr i put that i still have it on the truck. Maybe we need to select that it is removed but i dont know if that would work since the egr system is still on the truck. I have been getting P041D, P1000, P1008 and 5 or 6 U codes. I have been running the truck with the street tune now because i dont get any codes with that tune.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Sounds like you might of misssed the step when the Tuber asked if you have a egr block on it? Also your positive your Tuner is a off road one right?

Apcdiesel

Reaction score
Sounds like you have one of the early P30 flashes from ford.depending on which PCM calibration file you have I would recommend updated your sct to the latest firmware and tune revision and if that doesn't take care of it many times you are going to need the latest calibration from ford to resolve the reduced engine power light

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I had the same issues, if you have innovative tunes on it like it sounds, you need to select egr disabled, his tunes disable it and that's why you get the codes. As for the xrace issue mine did that with my x3, but once I had a livewire it went away. Fords newest tunes have been causing issues, and don't fuel as hard from what I understand. I'm pretty new to the 6.4 crowd and I understand your frustration.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Definately select "Yes i have the egr disabled" even though it is not on the truck. Once you do a complete delete with the EGR you will need custom tunes written. Also, you need to contact IDP about your issues, and Ted will get you squared away real quick.

ingrahams

Reaction score
I have contacted Innovative but i figured i would post here as well, this morning I was running the XStreet tune and under WOT it seemed like it was shifting in and out of lock up, and the wrench popped up in the dash and I got the following codes off the SCT, P0766 and P2703. I have typed those into the search and it looks like i should look into changing out the solenoids or possibly the tcm. Any thoughts?
-Stew

6.4stroke

I have contacted Innovative but i figured i would post here as well, this morning I was running the XStreet tune and under WOT it seemed like it was shifting in and out of lock up, and the wrench popped up in the dash and I got the following codes off the SCT, P0766 and P2703. I have typed those into the search and it looks like i should look into changing out the solenoids or possibly the tcm. Any thoughts?
-Stew

ive had the same issues of last night. I ordered a modified solenoid 2day hopefully it fixes it.

extreme3807

Reaction score
I had the same codes, reloaded X-Race, unhooked the batteries for 30 min and all was good after that

Sent from my DROID Pro

extreme3807

Reaction score
No I do not have the newest flash. The codes were solenoid and data communication related.

Sent from my DROID Pro

ingrahams

Reaction score
I have a job 3 tcm and new solenoids waiting to go in, will be some time before I am home again but I hope that fixes it. If not i will be looking at a trans build as I want to eventually be at around 700hp with either a single or tow power x's.
-Stew

ingrahams

Reaction score
I was thinking either 30% or 60% with an airdog and fuel bowl delete. I am still trying to figure out if i want a single or spend the extra money on twins. I like the price and simplicity of the single but i don't want to be blowing smoke all over the place which is why i was thinking the 30% nozzles. The tow powers are nice but they are significantly more money than the single. I rarely tow and if I do it isn't any more than 10k and it would be a street truck that would never see the strip or sled.

Pmac21

Reaction score
-Stew

I got these same codes running my spartan 310 tune a while back, but after I updated my tuner its been shifting like a dream. Maybe you just need an update or tune it back to stock and then reload the tune you want to run.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.