regulated fuel system useing airdog 2 ?

05wh250

Reaction score
No offense but i took an airdog off my truck yesterday cuz it was unreliable. Never gave the same pressure two times in a row.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Why not run 2 stock pumps. One feeding each head? The stock pump is a lot more reliable than the aftermarket pumps? If and when I go to a larger injector I would want something that acts like stock from a reliability standpoint vs a cool name and flash.

bigblack6oh

Reaction score
Why not run 2 stock pumps. One feeding each head? The stock pump is a lot more reliable than the aftermarket pumps? If and when I go to a larger injector I would want something that acts like stock from a reliability standpoint vs a cool name and flash.

with the stock pumps not being run by a regulator wouldnt this just restrict your flow to the heads. the adII allows you to adjust pressure to meet injector needs, correct?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
My 05 had 190s and I was running an air dog 2 with a regulated return kit

I had the air dog 2 set around 70 psi and then had it regulated at the motor at 60 psi

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
with the stock pumps not being run by a regulator wouldnt this just restrict your flow to the heads. the adII allows you to adjust pressure to meet injector needs, correct?
If you do some searching, you'll see it's been done before. It's more common on 7.3 trucks.

The only real complication to a setup like this is the extra plumbing and wiring. You are simply doubling the fuel to the RR system. You don't want to do a set up like this without one.

You don't want the AD2 to be regulating the pressure to the heads. It's too far away from the pressure drop to react properly. The regulator on an AD is simply there to tune the supply pressure to a RR system.

Work&play

Reaction score
I have an ADII and a RR on my truck and it has been great for almost 2 years.
The ADII psi is set about 70 and the RR is set at about 65.

Latest posts

Members online