Reliability question

ohiostroker95

Reaction score
I have my truck set up the way in my signature. Not looking for anymore power. Just wondering if there was anything else you guys would recommend for me to do in the way of reliability. Thanks!

6fodays

Reaction score
Post the list. Some guys cant see signatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohiostroker95

Reaction score
2008 F250 6.4, ARP Headstuds. EGR ******d. *** ******d. 5" straight pipe. S&B air intake. H&S XRT Pro. Batmo wheels. Fass 150 lift pump. Ladder bars. Mishimoto radiator. Isspro ev2 gauges. Edge CTS monitor. Amp Research Power Running Boards. Stage 3 built tranny by Redline Diesel Performance engine has 9,000 miles on it. Transmission built 500 miles ago.

Black AOD

Reaction score
2008 F250 6.4, ARP Headstuds. EGR ******d. *** ******d. 5" straight pipe. S&B air intake. H&S XRT Pro. Batmo wheels. Fass 150 lift pump. Ladder bars. Mishimoto radiator. Isspro ev2 gauges. Edge CTS monitor. Amp Research Power Running Boards. Stage 3 built tranny by Redline Diesel Performance engine has 9,000 miles on it. Transmission built 500 miles ago.

Hello from Columbus!

Reliability wise your mods are pretty stout.

However these motors seem to live longer with better push rods and lifters, if your motor doesn't have them in already....There is a billet water pump now available from Bulletproof Diesel if that interests you, it replaces factory OEM plastic crap. I'd personally switch out that S&B Intake to a No Limit.

Modified Drop in Turbo's seem to do better than Batmo wheel drop in's....just personal preference. Also, if EGT's concern you, an inter-cooler from Mishi or Spearco or Alradco or Precision will definitely benefit the truck. Several companies sell nice SS or aluminized I/C piping as well to go with the I/C.

Last edited:

ohiostroker95

Reaction score
Truck runs good, just trying to keep it that way lol. Is doing a single turbo (s366) actually worth the money or no? I had one shop quote me about $4600 to install one. Does that sound high?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Valve train upgrades as in springs and pushrods from Midwest diesel, lifters from sideaction diesel, maxxforce rocker arm assembly's, coolant filter, billet water pump, and HD Pistons delipped if you wanted to go that far. And all the other suggestions posted were good ideas as well. Just my opinion of course

Black AOD

Reaction score
If you want full reliability, follow ncollins post. Midwest pushrods (lots of good brands to choose honestly). Side Action Diesel lifters, get delipped and coated pistons from midwest, sinister coolant filter, BPD billet water pump, I'd do a set of workstock compounds personally and since you have a mishi radiator I'd match an intercooler to it

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Iv read the stock cam profile is what adds to the stress on the rockers and a upgraded one helps reduce that.
Could be wrong but that's my understanding.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
Ramps are too steep, that's what trashes the valve train.
What trashes the valve train is poor lubrication. Lifters and pushrods and springs have poor lubrication. The whole cylinder heads in general lack it

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

6.4f350

Reaction score
Thats another issue but the stock cam profile is something that can be changed to be a little gentler on parts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.