Relocating fuel cooler

08Monster

Reaction score
Has anyone relocated their fuel cooler? Like clean out the radiator for the fuel cooler coolant and actually run fuel through there and ditch the cooler under the hood and just have it air cooler instead of water cooled? Or put in a completely different radiator with a fan to run the fuel through it and mount it elsewhere? Seems like that would produce MUCH cooler fuel while cleaning up the engine bay.

devdiesel

Reaction score
Like this? Big one is trans cooler, small is fuel. I've redone the entire fuel system, unregulated setup. The cooler is inline on return side back to the fuel cell. Removed fuel cooler and lines up front. Much cooler all around and simpler. Trans cooler works amazing also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devdiesel

Reaction score
12b8e54686bc7d8085e7e7afbaa29887.jpg

jimdawg185

Reaction score
That's beautiful man!!! This lube guy loves it when people take time and attention to detail

devdiesel

Reaction score
You could probably mount it to the underside of the bed also, keeps it tucked up out of the way, and I recommend it installed on the return line

devdiesel

Reaction score
Yes, the lift pump, hpfp etc all generate a good amount of heat, if you can cool the fuel back down before it gets to the tank it will prevent a lot of other problems. Especially when fuel levels are lower (recirculating the fuel faster)

I saw a 3-4 psi drop in pressure on the lp side before fuel cooler install and you couldn't touch the lines it got so hot (during a hot day). Post cooler install psi might move 1/2 a psi, and lines are barely even warm

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.