remote mount oil cooler

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
So, once i get all the parts sourced in the next week or two ill be pulling the cab on my truck to do up-pipes. Found a good deal on labor, quality guy. While he's in there I'm gonna have him do head studs and an oil cooler.

I'm looking at MPD's oil cooler plate to run a remote oil cooler. How big of an air/oil cooler do I need to put on there 10row? 19 row? What should I be looking for? Also as far as filtering goes I have a dual filter set up I was running as the bypass on my 6.0 obviously ill have to get a full flow filter on it.but, where in the plumbing should the filter be?

CT9AIX

Reaction score
what filter head are you going to be using? i'm starting my research to do my remote cooler/filter and found a head by donaldson that has a 25psi bypass, flows 30gpm, -8FORB in/outlets with various filters to fit it with micron filtering from 22 down to 16. just trying to get some input from others doing this

buck russell

Reaction score
I was looking at bullet proof diesels 6.4 half kit...

I've been trying to obtain more info on the half kit but the information is limited. Understandably so, as I'm sure they have a number of hours wrapped up in R&D. However, from what I can see it's a 10 row cooler with no thermostat unless it's integrated into the filter plate. I'm also not a huge fan of the new filter location, but to each his own!

If you haven't, have a look at their tech link here: http://www.bulletproofdiesel.tv/Files/Documents/6.4L Half Kit Manual V3.pdf

It's a good little read and gives some perspective on building your own kit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.