Remote start iphone

padronanniversary

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am hoping to join your ranks soon with a 2015 plat diesel f350

I searched but not sure on the remote start module where you can use your iphone to start the vehicle.

What have you seen price wise for this hardware ? I think I read dealer needs to activate it.

Just wondering if the install is easy

Also with these remote starts do they automatically turn on the glow plugs ?

Thanks in advance

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I wonder sometimes if the glow plugs do in mine lol I know they say now days they work a lot faster to heat up but on cold mornings when I remote start mine it's always quick to fire up so I have no clue but good question I can never tell a difference in mine firing

padronanniversary

Reaction score
Did you get the iphone ford remote start it just the regular key fob ?

Curious what the delay is like on the phone

Also for heated seats do they turn on with remote started ?

Thanks

padronanniversary

Reaction score
Oh and I'm thinking iphone remote start, bak roll x, lineX, the console safe, and need some floor mats either husky or wether tech. I'm hoping that covers most upgrades until warranty is up

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I only use key fob right now not iPhone and yea you can go in and set the climate and the heated seats to come on when remote started. When you get in and turn the key over you will have to turn everything back on manually. Some people have issues with the heat or ac not wanting to blow on strong after remote started

cam91

Reaction score
It's called viper smart start $700 here in Canada. I have it in my car, works as long as you have cell service 15-20 second delay between command and execution. Sometimes times out and doesn't work at all. No range, so your car could be at home and your in a different country and you could start, unlock it etc. As long as everything is set when you shut it off, that's how it'll be when using remote start. As far as I know the gp's on my truck are warmed up before my remote start will fire her up

Sent from my magic poop stealing water chair

padronanniversary

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. Just want to make sure I get everything right before I buy it. Anything else it option worth getting ?

Spatel23

Reaction score
I have the ford version.
It's really nice.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415399663.496926.jpg

I'll elaborate more later if need be

padronanniversary

Reaction score
Spatel that's exactly what I was planning to get. I hear its a easy lit to put in literally plugs in. Is there any setting you can adjust via the phone

MorganM

Reaction score
On my 12- it plugged in using existing factory connections behind the glovebox. 10 minute job. At that time, I was seeing the kit on eBay for less than $500. There's an annual subscription fee also...$50 or so I think.

The only challenge is finding someone with an IDS to activate.

Insofar as functionality- Lock, Unlock, Locate, Start are the available actions. Supposed to alert your phone if the alarm is triggered, but I can't confirm that one.

Spatel23

Reaction score
The above accurately sums it up.
Id find someone local with IDS and see if they can help, where abouts are you located? We may be able to point you to one of our vendors here with IDS

I think I paid an extra $600 for it installed. I had them do it after I purchased the truck.

The heated seats and steering wheel if applicable come on automatically below a preset temp when you remote start the truck. Im not sure exactly what that temp is or if it can be adjusted.

Commands from your phone are a bit delayed, maybe 30 seconds if you are on cell service. Its not bad at all.

All in all, I think its a must have. I use it almost everytime I drive the truck.

CurtisF

Reaction score
The Ford unit is a plug in. Anything else (such as Viper) will require wire splicing, relays, etc. Seen many problems with the new Super Duties and aftermarket alarms and remote starts triggering codes and PATS issues.

Installation is the easiest thing ever. Requires the base security module (part #: DL3Z-19A361-A), the RMU unit (part #: DL3Z-19A390-B), and RFR antenna if the truck was not originally equipped with factory remote start (part #: DA8Z-15603-A).

The base security module plugs into the DLC (AKA: OBDII port). The RMU antenna plugs into the base security module. The RFR antenna plugs into the TPMS behind the glove box.

Dealer activation is required. Not only does it require IDS, but it also requires dealer-only activation of the RMU, which can only be performed by a dealer service technician with proper access. Most outside of a Ford dealership will not have access to this.

Functions include lock, unlock, panic, and remote start. The security module upgrades the factory perimeter alarm to include dual-stage shock sensor. The security system can also be set up to text or email the user in the event of the alarm being triggered. It's detailed enough to tell you if the door was opened or if the shock sensor was set off.

All functions require 3G/4G data network. So it doesn't work in all areas. It piggy-backs mostly the AT&T network in most areas. Keep that in mind. It's great in some areas, sucks in others where AT&T is weak or nonexistent. However, as long as there is a signal, the range is unlimited and response is extremely quick. Typical response time is just under 5 seconds from press of a button to vehicle receiving signal. About as fast as sending a text message.

Service is about $50 a year for unlimited use. Pretty much the same as most aftermarket kits.

If the truck sits for a period of time, the unit will go into sleep mode to preserve battery life. The system can be scheduled to turn back on at a specific date and time. Make sure you schedule wakeup at least 24 hours in advance as the system pings the network only once every 12 hours in sleep mode.

Compatible with iPhone and Android. You can load multiple vehicles per phone, and multiple phones per vehicle (with correct login and password info of course).

All remote start parameters, including runtime, HVAC, etc are controlled in the driver information display in the vehicle dash. The system ties in directly to the vehicle without overriding or hacking anything. Run time can be set as high as 15 minutes, and a maximum of 2 remote starts are allowed before a key cycle is required (max 30 minutes).

I think that pretty much covers it. Overall it's a great system. I train dealers on how to install, activate, and troubleshoot these systems, so if you guys have questions feel free to ask. There's hardly ever any problems out of these other than in areas where signals are weak. Average dealer installed price is about $800. A dealer quoting $1,400 as mentioned earlier in this thread is way overpriced. Highway robbery if you ask me.

Hope this helps.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Also for the ford version anyone know what a good price is ? One dealer wants $800 installed another $1400

Less than $500 through Sunrise Ford, who's a sponsor here. Install time is less than 10 minutes, doing it yourself and taking your time. Had mine activated at the dealership. It was the first one they had activated, so I walked them through it.

Only problem I've had is the system was down for a week. I didn't know it was the system and had started a warranty claim on it, when I finally received the email from Remote Access that the problem was on their end. Ironically, they sent the email less than 24 hours before they had it fixed.

08TitanSE

Reaction score
I paid $380 for the kit on eBay and had it installed in less than 10 minutes in my driveway. Took the truck to the local dealership and they had it running within another 20 minutes (the service guy never heard of it). The cellular service sucks though, mine works 40-50% of the time depending on where I am.

CurtisF

Reaction score
Less than $500 through Sunrise Ford, who's a sponsor here. Install time is less than 10 minutes, doing it yourself and taking your time. Had mine activated at the dealership. It was the first one they had activated, so I walked them through it.

Only problem I've had is the system was down for a week. I didn't know it was the system and had started a warranty claim on it, when I finally received the email from Remote Access that the problem was on their end. Ironically, they sent the email less than 24 hours before they had it fixed.

I paid $380 for the kit on eBay and had it installed in less than 10 minutes in my driveway. Took the truck to the local dealership and they had it running within another 20 minutes (the service guy never heard of it). The cellular service sucks though, mine works 40-50% of the time depending on where I am.
I'd like to know how that's possible since both of you are quoting less than dealer cost.

Not only price, but labor time.

10 minutes I can see for the actually hardware install. I can do that too. But it's another 15 minutes minimum on a fast internet connection and IDS ready to pop to activate everything. Even I struggle to get it all done in that time frame.

Last edited:

08TitanSE

Reaction score
I'd like to know how that's possible since both of you are quoting less than dealer cost.

Not only price, but labor time.

10 minutes I can see for the actually hardware install. I can do that too. But it's another 15 minutes minimum on a fast internet connection and IDS ready to pop to activate everything. Even I struggle to get it all done in that time frame.

Search Ebay item number 350950539631

Latest posts

Members online