Remote start iphone

PDT1081

Reaction score
I'd like to know how that's possible since both of you are quoting less than dealer cost.

Not only price, but labor time.

10 minutes I can see for the actually hardware install. I can do that too. But it's another 15 minutes minimum on a fast internet connection and IDS ready to pop to activate everything. Even I struggle to get it all done in that time frame.

I was at the dealership for almost 3 hours. That included an oil change, hook up to IDS to turn remote start on in the truck, and activating the RMU. They literally knew nothing about the system, but did take the time to look over the install. I had downloaded the install and activation procedure onto my phone, and the service tech used that to follow step by step through the activation. They only charged me for half the labor because it was a "learning experience."

CurtisF

Reaction score
I was at the dealership for almost 3 hours. That included an oil change, hook up to IDS to turn remote start on in the truck, and activating the RMU. They literally knew nothing about the system, but did take the time to look over the install. I had downloaded the install and activation procedure onto my phone, and the service tech used that to follow step by step through the activation. They only charged me for half the labor because it was a "learning experience."

Well that's not the norm. Clearly.

But that's great if you got a good deal. Not knocking that one bit. Just don't expect everyone else to get the same treatment. Kinda the point I'm trying to stress in this thread.

It's the whole "hey I heard this on the interwebs"...... doesn't always translate to real life.

Enjoy it. It's a really good system with great technology. The time I had to demo it I got spoiled in a hurry. Doesn't work on a 2 year old company car though. :pointlaugh:

padronanniversary

Reaction score
Thank you every much for the informative insight. Since I'm buying a 2015 I figure I'll have them just do it. Let them deal with it if it has issues.

It's nice hearing the wealth of information, as well as how nicely integrated it is.

Unfortunately the truck will stay parked at a pain garage a lot while I'm out of town flying. I want to land, warm up the vehicle, and walk to a warm truck in the cold winters

MorganM

Reaction score
Thank you every much for the informative insight. Since I'm buying a 2015 I figure I'll have them just do it. Let them deal with it if it has issues.

It's nice hearing the wealth of information, as well as how nicely integrated it is.

Unfortunately the truck will stay parked at a pain garage a lot while I'm out of town flying. I want to land, warm up the vehicle, and walk to a warm truck in the cold winters

System goes into sleep mode after 3 days of no activity. You should be able schedule a "wake up" time, but I've not been successful making that work.

@CurtisF- I don't know which p/n I have installed, but are you saying there's a new improved part? What makes it better?

CurtisF

Reaction score
System goes into sleep mode after 3 days of no activity. You should be able schedule a "wake up" time, but I've not been successful making that work.

@CurtisF- I don't know which p/n I have installed, but are you saying there's a new improved part? What makes it better?
It's not improved, they just changed the installation.

1st gen plug-n-play kits tied into the TPMS. 2nd gen (current units) plug into the DLC. They both work the same. However some of the newer 14-15 vehicles are not compatible with 1st gen systems.

Ford's lineup is about 75% plug and play compatible. By 2016 MY they will all be plug and play. Hooray no more wire splicing :redspotdance:

When you hit the find button will that actually tell you where the vehicle is?
No it just functions exactly like the panic button on your key fob.

CurtisF

Reaction score
So ford's system is or is not completely plug n play?

Yes it's plug n play. I'm just saying that not all of the Ford vehicles are plug and play yet. F-150, Super Duty, Explorer, Edge, Taurus, Fusion, Flex, Mustang, and Expedition (and Lincoln counterparts) are all plug and play now for the 2015 model year. The ones that are not plug and play are Fiesta, Focus, CMAX, and Escape, but those will change in 2016 when they get the platform upgrade from the new MKC.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I just have to make sure my dealer get the newer one You guys are awesome ! Thanks again
Here's the part numbers you need. Sunrise has great prices.
20140920_171146.jpg

Latest posts

Members online