Remote Start

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I am looking for advice on remote start systems. I would assume that most of them come with an alarm system also, but if I can get one without that's awesome because I don't want an alarm system. What do you guys recommend?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I have a code alarm ca6551 remote start/alarm amd is nice... 2way paging super long range things like that... Paid around $125 for it of amazon

KPSquared

Reaction score
I don't remember the brand, but I just got quoted $325 installed for just a starter. No alarm. Doors and starter . . .thats all. Local stereo/car starter shop.

I don't really care about an alarm system. I got nothing to lose. They just annoy me.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I had a guy come out and do it at my house when I was living there Jeff. He charged like $200 installed and it was simply an add on module. Hit lock on your factory remote 3 times and it would start. I'll see if I can find/remember who did it if that's what you're looking for.

Matt

Reaction score
Shone, if you could find the model he used, that would be awesome. Exactly what I'm looking for.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I have an Autopage that I love....

Alarm and remote start.

I'll take the added security all day long.

KPSquared

Reaction score
The sucky thing about add on modules for factory remotes is they only work as far as the factory remote does. If I recall, that's about 3 feet. Seems to kill the point of remote start if you have to be right beside it.

I park a long ways from my building at work and want the ability to start the truck when it's really cold out. The other thing that I was looking for was a 2 way system that would confirm that the truck started.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I had a bulldog security remote start that i got from sams club for about 100 bucks, it worked pretty well but my old 7.3 didnt start too well when it was cold so it kinda defeated the purpose

The cool part was that you could tell when it was running locked ect from the remote, and it worked from about a half a mile it seamed like, so it was nice if you went into a store and forgot to lock it, you could lock it again from inside and get a feedback

Downfall is it wasnt an alarm so the factory alarm didnt work. and the module didnt have security either..

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I had a bulldog security remote start that i got from sams club for about 100 bucks, it worked pretty well but my old 7.3 didnt start too well when it was cold so it kinda defeated the purpose

The cool part was that you could tell when it was running locked ect from the remote, and it worked from about a half a mile it seamed like, so it was nice if you went into a store and forgot to lock it, you could lock it again from inside and get a feedback

Downfall is it wasnt an alarm so the factory alarm didnt work. and the module didnt have security either..

I love when I pull up to a store and can leave the truck running but remove the keys and lock the doors. ...especially when its cold.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
but what i really want is a factory style remote thats a factory ford type add on like shone has, i dont really need to start my truck from that far away

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I love when I pull up to a store and can leave the truck running but remove the keys and lock the doors. ...especially when its cold.

thats def a great feature that the add on ones have for sure.

Kinda want my remote start back now LOL

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
My truck is a Lariat but whoever had it before me had a PILE of a alarm keyless entry installed. Even the look of the remote was gay. I was glad to 86 that thing.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I will never go without a remote start again. You could always save for the viper gps. Unless you can look outside to see your truck throughout the day, this gives you a great piece of mind. School is my reason. I'm putting mine in Monday.

Spatel23

Reaction score
The sucky thing about add on modules for factory remotes is they only work as far as the factory remote does. If I recall, that's about 3 feet. Seems to kill the point of remote start if you have to be right beside it.

I park a long ways from my building at work and want the ability to start the truck when it's really cold out. The other thing that I was looking for was a 2 way system that would confirm that the truck started.

This is exactly why I eventually upgraded to the Clifford Matrix. Its a 2 way system and I really like it. Best feature is the ability to control everything from my cell phone no matter what part of the country Im in.

Ive actually had to unlock the truck for Aaron in North Carolina while I was home in MS. LOL

davey99ps

Reaction score
Have any of you installed your own? I'm looking into getting 1, I just want the remote start and to be able to lock an unlock my doors, I'm trying to decide if its something I can install or if I'd be better off paying someone to do it

Emery19

Reaction score
I have the AutoStart in my truck, i dont know much about it, other then it has a remote with a lock and unlock and starter button. the truck also came with the original remote, and i think that there is some sort of alarm system that came with it, because when you lock and unlock the truck with the AutoStart remote its a different sequence of lights and horn sounds then it is with the factory the remote. If you're still curious about other info I can look at the book manual when i get home on tuesday.

KPSquared

Reaction score
A starter install isn't rocket science. There's lots of info online on how to do it. It gets more complex with newer vehicles with better no-start systems, but even that isn't rocket science.

Just do some googling and I'm sure you can find all the info you need for a DIY install.

Latest posts

Members online