Remote Start

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Ok I searched some but tapatalks search function sucks apparently. I'm looking into getting remote starts for the super duty and my jetta. Both are manual transmission vehicles and I know that makes a difference. Just looking for insight from some folks around here. I'm sure some people have used a few different types or maybe installed some. It doesn't have to be anything super fancy. Just would like the ability to push a button and be able to have the vehicles warming up when I want. Also would it be possible to have two vehicles on the same remote? I hate having bulky keys so two big remotes would drive me crazy. The jetta key bugs me already being so big.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Biggreen96

Reaction score
Some of the viper alarms allow for two vehicle use . But finding someone to install remote start on a Manuel is going to be fun, most shops won't do it around here and if they do your signing a waiver of liability

JMart

Reaction score
Two vehicles on the same remote would cause them both to start at the same time if it is even possible. Why not just carry your keys separated.

I ordered a set up from vehicle specific systems, on my phone so I can't link the site, and installed it myself. They sent directions specific for my SD. It took awhile to install it but their tech support was phenomenal.

Zmann

Reaction score
good questions
are you doing the install ?
DEI ( viper and other names ) will offer no customer support and no warranty unless authorized retailer installed
I don't know if they make an actual manual approved remote start and getting an installer to install a unit approved for Auto only may be a problem

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Two vehicles on the same remote would cause them both to start at the same time if it is even possible. Why not just carry your keys separated.

I ordered a set up from vehicle specific systems, on my phone so I can't link the site, and installed it myself. They sent directions specific for my SD. It took awhile to install it but their tech support was phenomenal.

Jason viper remote start systems allows for multiple cars on the same remote and you select via the remote as to which vehicle you want to command

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Interesting points. I don't really care if I install or don't. I'd almost rather not *** with it. I guess I'll have to look into viper. You can control them from your phone too can't you?

JMart

Reaction score
Didn't know that about the viper units. Is that the one that you can controll from your smart phone though?

Best Buy was willing to do a remote start system in my wife's Mustang. Its a 6 spd and they didn't have a problem with it.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Screw that. I think I'll look into the ones with remotes then. So best buy hooked you up with one installed. How do you like it? I'm just nervous about other people touching my stuff. There's only one shop in this world I let rotate my tires let alone go cutting up my electricals.

JMart

Reaction score
Screw that. I think I'll look into the ones with remotes then. So best buy hooked you up with one installed. How do you like it? I'm just nervous about other people touching my stuff. There's only one shop in this world I let rotate my tires let alone go cutting up my electricals.

Oh no I didn't let them touch the Mustang. Just said they were willing to do it. LOL

I went with these guys for my truck. Wife is still starting hers on her own. LOL
http://autoalarmpro.com/remote_car_starter

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
I was going to say letting the geek squad touch anything is a scary thought LOL I emailed a local viper dealer to see what they say price and install wise for the manual transmissions.

Latest posts

Members online