Removable Trailer Fenders

jdgleason

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm going to be rebuilding one of my dad's trailers soon and I want to cut the fenders off of it and throw some removable fenders on it! Who has these? Anyone know good places to get paintable/coatable tandem axle fenders that I can buy? Looking for ideas!

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Good place to start would be tractor supply or a trailer dealer. You can buy entire fenders from tractor supply. Depending on the style of trailer you can weld stakes on the fenders to where they slip fit into a square tubing welded to the trailer. That's how one of our trailers is. I can get you pics of it if you want

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Super08Duty

Reaction score
This is what I was talking about. 2 3/4" pieces of round stock welded to the fenders and 2 pieces of small tubing welded to the trailer.
a3uvy2ud.jpg
a3yduset.jpg

Blowby

Reaction score
I have to only remove one hitch pin on the front then off it comes. If you want to see it JD let me know.

Trailer_Fender.jpg

Super08Duty

Reaction score
And gravity/friction hold those on?
Correct, they're probably only 30-40lb fenders but the steaks are long enough that if the trailer hops the fenders won't pop off. better way to do it on a light weight trailer is to have pins holding them down. I've never had an issue with them coming off the steaks, but the trailer is fairly heavy, so it doesn't typically hop on big bumps.

newman

Reaction score
I had removable fenders. I got tired of them so I had stout drive-over fender built...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.