Replacement injectors, rebuilt or new?

Got4wd

Reaction score
I am needing to replace my injectors. They are ABs and plan on keeping the splits. Are rebuilts the way to go or get new Alliants and call it good?

old man dave

Reaction score
For example, Swamps wants $255 for ABs and $257 for ADs, both new Alliants. Around $2050 per set. But you have NEW injectors.

For their stage II splitshot remans $1575 with 5yr/200k warranty, however no description of what size these stageIIs are. Have to call, I guess.

Swamps also has several flavors of remanufactured injectors with the same warranty at a range of prices.

If you really wanted to spend the bread then you can get modified injectors on new bodies.

https://swampsdiesel.com/shop/products/ford/1994-5-03-7-3l/injectors-1994-5-03-7-3l/1999-03/

Call the injector remanufacturers and see which ones leave you feeling warm and fuzzy.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
For example, Swamps wants $255 for ABs and $257 for ADs, both new Alliants. Around $2050 per set. But you have NEW injectors.

For their stage II splitshot remans $1575 with 5yr/200k warranty, however no description of what size these stageIIs are. Have to call, I guess.

Swamps also has several flavors of remanufactured injectors with the same warranty at a range of prices.

If you really wanted to spend the bread then you can get modified injectors on new bodies.

https://swampsdiesel.com/shop/products/ford/1994-5-03-7-3l/injectors-1994-5-03-7-3l/1999-03/

Call the injector remanufacturers and see which ones leave you feeling warm and fuzzy.

We can beat that price on new Alliant injectors.
https://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-power.../new-injectors/new-stage-1-injectors-347.html

New are the way to go in my opinion, as long as your budget allows it. That is the route I went and I have never regretted that decision. Re-man injectors from quality injector builders are very good too.

Bugman

Reaction score
If one buys new injectors, why the core fee?

Billy T.
[email protected]

So that you'll send in the old injectors to be rebuilt so that those that can't afford new ones can purchase rebuilt ones.

In the long run it should keep the price of both new and rebuilt down, but I doubt that it ever does.

Bugman

Reaction score
Would you rather they charge a extra $1000.00 for the new or rebuilt injectors and let you worry about the cores?

sootie

Reaction score
When product is "new" there isn't typically a core. If it is a "reman" part, a core is expected.

old man dave

Reaction score
Used to be the case that the injector manufacturer wanted the cores back to keep them out of the hands of the rebuilders...:flipa:

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

Got4wd

Reaction score
Ended up with new Alliants, glow plugs, valve cover gaskets and pig tails. Thanks for the help

Reaction score
I have never regretted going with new AC's. 100k miles never a hiccup. still idles smooth as glass. Next ones may be modded ones but will be built on new cores. I've followed this a long time and I think there are about 5 people in the world that truly understand how to make a PSD injector perform properly. I would trust several of them but was able to afford new so why not.
When I bought mine I was able to use my fleet contacts and get them at vendors cost. They had just removed the requirement that exact cores had to be received, now they just need to be the same series. And yes they are trying to keep cores out of the market.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I have never regretted going with new AC's. 100k miles never a hiccup. still idles smooth as glass. Next ones may be modded ones but will be built on new cores. I've followed this a long time and I think there are about 5 people in the world that truly understand how to make a PSD injector perform properly. I would trust several of them but was able to afford new so why not.
When I bought mine I was able to use my fleet contacts and get them at vendors cost. They had just removed the requirement that exact cores had to be received, now they just need to be the same series. And yes they are trying to keep cores out of the market.

When I made my decision to go brand new instead of reman, it came down to the fact that my original injectors got me to 240k, and they were new from Alliant. With quality remans, I am sure a lot of miles can be had. I just don't think they are going to outlive brand new in pretty much any case.

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
What would be different in brand new/remans? Arent all the remans done with all new parts? What are they leaving that will wear out/break prematurely?

Reaction score
The problem is most injector rebuilders don't understand the oil side. Poppet wear, armature clearance and more. In my opinion there are apx 3 injector builders that understand the whole package. I'm not going to get into who they are, I just watch, read and form my own opinions.
One remain set I got ran worse that the old ones. Contacted the builder, they didn't even acknowledge armature clearance. Tried to explain the oil side to them, they had no idea. Said send them back. I said " are you going to check the armature clearance or poppet valves? No we don't do that. Then why would I send them to you?"

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
What would be different in brand new/remans? Arent all the remans done with all new parts? What are they leaving that will wear out/break prematurely?

Most reputable injector builders will replace wear parts with new components when they can (nozzles, plunger/barrel, etc.), but there are areas and items that cannot be replaced. These just have to be built back up to spec.

rockycreek

Reaction score
IMO, it's all about the quality of the rebuild/rebuilder. If the wear items are replaced, then I think they will last as long as a brand new injector. I have even run budget built stage 1 injectors for over 100k miles with no issues. Sold the truck and as far as I know, they're still kicking.

Latest posts

Members online