Replacement of displacement

Blown262

Reaction score
My icp on a new pump creeps 3800 on a regular basis and 4000+ if I screw with the resistance and peak the RPMs. Lincoln is involved in my thread discussing this. My truck doesn't smoke like that ever on beans tunes but I'm on stock sticks

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
My icp on a new pump creeps 3800 on a regular basis and 4000+ if I screw with the resistance and peak the RPMs. Lincoln is involved in my thread discussing this. My truck doesn't smoke like that ever on beans tunes but I'm on stock sticks
Mine shouldn't smoke like that either.. That kinda smoke in my eyes in 300cc+ kinda smoke lol there is something wrong... But not sure where.. I still have a surge I'm trying to figure out..

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Blown262

Reaction score
My icp spikes when I let off as well and if I'm at full boost under heavy load in full fuel tune, I got a slight little burp and jerk when the icp spikes. It doesn't do it as bad in the lower tunes and not at all on the stock tune. What is the PW when you go WOT? Mine sits at 2.3ms at idle and I haven't paid very close attention to it except when I'm messing around with things. I'll take it for a quick run in a bit and see what she reads.

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
My icp spikes when I let off as well and if I'm at full boost under heavy load in full fuel tune, I got a slight little burp and jerk when the icp spikes. It doesn't do it as bad in the lower tunes and not at all on the stock tune. What is the PW when you go WOT? Mine sits at 2.3ms at idle and I haven't paid very close attention to it except when I'm messing around with things. I'll take it for a quick run in a bit and see what she reads.
Mine surges around that 1800-2300 rpm holding steady throttle.. WOT just rips lol I haven't checked my pw's in a while.. Will have to take a peak at that..

Blown262

Reaction score
Mine doesn't do anything like that. It's almost like a quick tap of the throttle. Are your tunes set up for the injectors or is it an off the shelf tune? I don't really know the ins and outs of these but I'm curious to see what the deal is so I don't run into a similar issue when I bump up my injectors. Maybe the stock nozzles are causing an issue with fuel flow in the given PW?

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
Mine doesn't do anything like that. It's almost like a quick tap of the throttle. Are your tunes set up for the injectors or is it an off the shelf tune? I don't really know the ins and outs of these but I'm curious to see what the deal is so I don't run into a similar issue when I bump up my injectors. Maybe the stock nozzles are causing an issue with fuel flow in the given PW?
I'm running tw tunes for my setup.. They are sold as 175/146 swamps.. But I bought the truck with them and had no idea what they were so had them flow benched and all came across as 180s with 146cc injector stock injectors but upgraded 7 hole nozzles..

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
Are they stock IH nozzles? I'm a bit confused as to how the injectors are set up. Forgive my ignorance.
They are a stock nozzles from 146 injectors but are a 7 hole vs. 5 hole which allows 25% more fuel.. But are nothing like a 80% percent... Look on swamps diesel.. Its better explained.. I need to upgrade either injectors or nozzles

Blown262

Reaction score
Ah now it makes sense. I was looking at a set of 160/80s from swamps and from what I gather, it's 160cc of fuel per 1k fires and 80% larger than stock nozzles. I wasn't understanding the 175/146 stock combo.

brackin2000pstroke

Reaction score
Ah now it makes sense. I was looking at a set of 160/80s from swamps and from what I gather, it's 160cc of fuel per 1k fires and 80% larger than stock nozzles. I wasn't understanding the 175/146 stock combo.
Ya threw me for a loop when I first seen it too.. Lol hmmm 146 nozzles.. That's a odd percent lmao

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ICP spikes when I let off any idea?

when you let off abruptly or when you ease off the throttle?
Mine shouldn't smoke like that either.. That kinda smoke in my eyes in 300cc+ kinda smoke lol there is something wrong... But not sure where.. I still have a surge I'm trying to figure out..

does it surge in every tune?

2.3ms at idle? id say thats a bit high.. should be closer to 1ms... unless you are reading when the motor is cold..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online