Replacing my hubs

6.fast

Reaction score
So I went to put in an updated front axle seal the other day and when I went to pull the hub off just the front cap came off and everything else stayed inside the housing keeping me from getting at the retaining clip on the axle, also it looked bone dry and dusty in there. My first question is how do I get the rest of the hub out, and my second is Would you recommend just buying a new one from Ford or getting some manual lockers from Warren or another brand.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

6.fast

Reaction score
Alright so I finally took some pictures so maybe that will help with some response.
20140627_175217_zpslxsik7do.jpg

This is what I see when I pull the cap off

20140627_175313_zps8zqwltvh.jpg
and this is the cap and everything that comes out with it.
How do I remove the rest of the hub so I can get to the snap ring on the axle.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Warn hubs are pretty stout. I would look into those or factory replacements, depending on the price. IIRC when I looked at them for my Dodge the aftermarket ones were through the roof!

Let me know if I can help you with some new hubs for your truck!

6.fast

Reaction score
Thanks I definitely want something tougher than these. First I gotta figure out how these come off.
Stroker sent me a diagram and it looks like it's supposed to come out as one whole unit so I guess mine is broken and I just need to figure out something to get a grip on and pull it out but idk.

mustube

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure nobody makes hubs for 05 and up unless you do a free spin kit. Ford or used are going to be your only options. Check your spindle bearing and the stub shaft for wear.

6.fast

Reaction score
Yea that's what I found is nobody seems to make them for 05 and up. And I don't have a few k for the dynatrac kit. I finally got the rest of the hub out but now I broke three pairs of snap ring pliers trying to get the ring off the axel. Guess I gotta drop some coin on a decent pair from matco or something.

Latest posts

Members online