Resurgence of a F100

6speedsd

Reaction score
Little change of pace...

Anyone got a glue they'd recommend for a rear view mirror? I've used the off the shelf stuff twice now, and it's only lasted a couple weeks. Got in the truck this evening after work only to find the mirror laying on the dash....again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Call your local car window replacement company and see if they'd be willing to reattach it for you. I'm sure they'd do it. Might only cost you $10-$20.

79jasper

Reaction score
Is the glue staying on the glass? Or the little tab?
Mine the tab appears to be oil soaked. It'll fall off, but the glue didn't adhere to the tab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
Slight amount stays on the tab, but mostly its still on the glass.

Was considering scratching a few lines across the tab to give it an edge to hold on to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Did you hold the tab or even push it on the glass for as long as you could?

6speedsd

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean I pushed it on the glass and held I there for a good minute I guess.

I'll just get the old adhesive off the tab, clean it real well with something else, and try again.

JRLott

Reaction score
I've scraped the crap off the mounting tab, cleaned both it and the glass with alcohol, and used the auto store rear view mirror glue on the five or six I've done. Never had one fall off again.

6speedsd

Reaction score
I've scraped the crap off the mounting tab, cleaned both it and the glass with alcohol, and used the auto store rear view mirror glue on the five or six I've done. Never had one fall off again.
This is what I've done both times. Same result of a fail.

JRLott

Reaction score
Dang. Kinda figured you did. I always did it in the sun too...not purposefully, but just the way it worked out. Hope your luck changes. Enjoy reading the progress.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Try moving the tab from the original spot on the glass just a little, I've had luck with that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6speedsd

Reaction score
Changing pace again....

Been doing a little vin/door tag code investigating lately. Turns out this truck was one of the rare ones that got the Dana 44 rear. Was limited mostly to 77 model year, but there were a few out there that got it. Axle code is "47", which means Dana 44 with open 3.07 gearing. Just a little general detective info I found interesting. Wish it wasn't so rare and had the 9" though....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Changing pace again....

Been doing a little vin/door tag code investigating lately. Turns out this truck was one of the rare ones that got the Dana 44 rear. Was limited mostly to 77 model year, but there were a few out there that got it. Axle code is "47", which means Dana 44 with open 3.07 gearing. Just a little general detective info I found interesting. Wish it wasn't so rare and had the 9" though....

wow, no kidden.. thats wierd.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

suprhlr

Reaction score
Changing pace again....

post a pic, ive never seen anything but a 9" in 1/2 ton f series

6speedsd

Reaction score
How's this
7e9bd27607c643306eea25b87ff36024.jpg
4e38d419b5e3131cc078daa193055ff5.jpg