Retro Solutions issues

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Had the same issue with my reverse bulbs, blamed it on my tractor lights that were tied in under the truck... Mk... Never again.

RedRice589

Reaction score
If you can still retrieve it then mail it to me I need to add hids to a few other of my vehicles.

Ok now I am hooking my retrospect up and I get the bulbs to click up into themselves and I have power but no light all my grounds are good I can't get anything. Unplug the connector and the halogen pops right in and works great any suggestions crowz?

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok now I am hooking my retrospect up and I get the bulbs to click up into themselves and I have power but no light all my grounds are good I can't get anything. Unplug the connector and the halogen pops right in and works great any suggestions crowz?

Which kit do you have aka part number?

In order to diagnose that Id need to see how that kit works. Its different than the one I have for my 2002 F250 so I need to read up on yours to help.

HVFC6040

Reaction score
Throw them in the trash thats about all they are good for.

You could try telling retro about them but they will just tell you to do a bunch of pointless tests then tell you its your fault they dont work

smokedout250

Reaction score
My retros are 6 month old and my left side quit I did there testing stuff and all they said was send it to us and we can look at them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRice589

Reaction score
Which kit do you have aka part number?

In order to diagnose that Id need to see how that kit works. Its different than the one I have for my 2002 F250 so I need to read up on yours to help.

I got in touch with retro and I'm sending them my headlights along with the blown out ballast and fog light bulb lol I figured out why my fog light didn't work!!! Thanks though stuck the $30 eBay HID's in the fogs for the time being. Not like my unlicensed arse is leaving the farm.i was frustrated at first but personally I'm going to blame the installer (me) on this one!!! :morons:

caladash

Reaction score
I had 2 issues with my Retro HIDs that have been fixed by them no problem. My 2000 Excursion and my 02 F250 have the same HID kits. I kept losing a bulb on my 250 every few weeks. Ended up being a ballast,not a bulb. Long story short, if you have your light switch to auto, if your switch has it, keep it on off till your truck is started. I found it odd the my 250 was pooping lights and my Ex wasnt. When i would start my truck at night, the lights would come on automatically before the truck was running. Start the truck, and I had only one bulb working. Did some thinking and between the glow plugs, and the starter, battery voltage was dropping below what the ballasts needed and locking out the ballast. Just some food for thought.

Latest posts

Members online