Rev-X Distance+ Winter

Mud digger

Reaction score
Is anyone running Rev-X Distance+ Winter additive? I more looking for people who use it in cold climates (somewhere it gets below 0 would be nice). Any reviews on the product would be nice though. Thanks

Mud digger

Reaction score
Nobody using this stuff? Come on guys, a little input would be great. I'm not just looking at it for the winter (non-gelling) aspect of it but also how it lubricates.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I have been using it for a couple years. I have my wife and daughter use it in the jetta diesels. I have 2. I use it in the truck and I have not had any gelling issues. Hasn't been real cold, not much below zero the last couple winters. But no issues.

taterthedog

Reaction score
I got some on the way from complete performance. -50C here so should help. Not using anything at the moment in my 6.4.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I use this stuff, works awesome, mileage is the same as it is in the summer time with the warm weather distance +. Starts better in the cold weather too. Well worth the money. No issues in -17F last year with this in the tank.

duncanb09

Reaction score
Buddy runs it in his cummins. Was -20 with windchill here last nite amd we work second shift so the truck sat for 10+ hours withour being plugged in. Started fine and ran like a top.

Sent while sitting at work watching metal spin in circles

taterthedog

Reaction score
I can't keep the 6.4 from gelling anywhere near 0. How do you guys do it?

Must be the fuel up here. Just got my Rev-x winter fuel treatment yesterday from Complete performance. Put in 2 oz last night. Hopefully it mixed in with the fuel and didn't freeze in the filler neck. If was -40 when I poured it in.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Must be the fuel up here. Just got my Rev-x winter fuel treatment yesterday from Complete performance. Put in 2 oz last night. Hopefully it mixed in with the fuel and didn't freeze in the filler neck. If was -40 when I poured it in.

when you do this, I would always keep a 1 gallon can of fuel to mix the additive in, then pour that gallon into the tank. This stuff works best when put in BEFORE you fill the tank of fuel, so it mixes in with the fuel properly.

taterthedog

Reaction score
We sell the heck out of it. We LOVE how it works.

Brad let us know what you think.

So far so good. I'll give my thoughts so far. First off, I know this is the 6.0 section but I'm using in my 6.4, just FYI.
I mixed it to the stronger "extreme" recommendation since it's been staying 30 - 40 degrees below zero (Celsius). My truck now seems more responsive like it's been running all day. Before it seemed sluggish and stiff, I wasn't really concerned because it was extremely cold out, but now it seems to run noticeably better. I've caught myself a couple times speeding at work without realizing it when before, when it's cold, you have to deliberately try to go faster. Maybe it's a coincidence but I think it's the Rev-X. I wasn't expecting it to make a difference so suddenly, but I remember a few years back when I was a tech at a Ford dealer, a customer with a 7.3 phoned me complaining of sluggishness and lack of power. It was really cold out so I got him to swing by and we put some of the fuel treatment that Ford sold in his tank. He never got 5 or 6 miles out of town before he came back and bought a case of it, because of the difference it made. So I guess it can work fast. In any case, I'm going to run the Rev-x stuff from now on. Probably the summer stuff as well. That's my thoughts on it so far. Hit Paul up, he'll hook you up.

Mud digger

Reaction score
I noticed that the 8oz bottle treats up to 200 gallons. My question is, in order to get the full protection down to -45 F, how many gallons will this 8oz bottle treat? I'm guessing because it says "up to 200 gallons" that means in colder weather you have to add more. I'm just curious before I drop the money on it and it turns out to be something I don't want or it costs a fortune to run it. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online