Rig of the month contest

4cstr

Reaction score
Very cool idea. But I will be the first to admit there is a bit of work involved in it.

Its also hard to keep some people from complaining about the selections even though they are generally totally random.

Completely agree. When I was doing them at another site...I probably put in 5 to 10 hours per writeup that I did. There were a lot of compliments, but it was a lot of work to deal with the images, wait for the owner to get information and/or pictures to you, etc.

charlie-2

Reaction score
.org dose it once a month rotm. just sayin. i love the army more though:toast:

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
What's the deal Dustin?

I like the idea, I think one every month would be cool. Prizes or not, have a section just for truck of the month.

derrick36

Reaction score
The bronco forum I belong to had a pretty cool setup. They did a monthly one and then all the monthly winners got put in for rig of the year.

The monthly winners got a small feature in Bronco Driver magazine. I forget what the yearly winners got.

Maybe if someone had an in with Diesel Power or Diesel World, something like that could be swung....?

Or if it was going to be an anual thing, maybe some of the vendors could step up with some giveaways...?

Either way, voting needs to be locked down. No one should be allowed to vote if they have 50 posts or less. Something along those lines. Otherwise, people will get their friends to join just to rig the voting.

Maybe this has all been talked about already. I only skimmed over the first 4 pages.

Just my .02

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe if someone had an in with Diesel Power or Diesel World, something like that could be swung....?

possibly... but the most anyone would get would be like possibly an in with readers rides. i assume diesel power is way bigger than bronco driver so guarantees would be tough. good idea ill ask someone and see.

derrick36

Reaction score
possibly... but the most anyone would get would be like possibly an in with readers rides. i assume diesel power is way bigger than bronco driver so guarantees would be tough. good idea ill ask someone and see.

Oh yeah, bronco driver and diesel power/world aren't even close to being in the same league. Those 2 probably sell as many mags in a month as BD sells in 2 years.

I think even the readers ride section would be pretty sweet.

Cool deal if you can pull some strings.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the bronco forum worked out a deal with BD and gave them some sort of a discount on banner advertising or something like that in exchange for the feature article spot for the TOTM. Kinda win/win for both parties. Again, this is all on a MUCH smaller scale though. I'm not even sure it's still going on since Autoguide took over.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I love the idea!!
How about a sig banner for the winners? A slick "ROTM WINNER for April" type thing. Not huge, but like a badge of honor thing.
I can donate some photoshop time to that cause lol

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw it out there...

The success of something like this depends on how well the membership plays along.

There's always bitc)in about why the generation/type of truck that particular member owns hasn't been chosen in 4 or 5 months, why did he get into the voting, and my truck with XX dollars more into it didn't, etc...

In short, it's a ***kin nightmare if you're the mod that gets chosen to run it.

Good luck.

KPSquared

Reaction score
to save work on write ups, the one site i was on required that all nominees had a full build thread on their truck to be eligible. then clicking on the winning truck would just take you to their build thread

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Hahahaha see just talking about having one has people flipping others off lol

But in all seriousness this would be very very cool but I agree it would be a small hassle for the mods. We have to remember this site is not their jobs...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.