HOOV3R

Reaction score
y5u8eqyp.jpg

2e5apare.jpg

ygu5y3ap.jpg

vy4a7aqu.jpg

Pstroke96

Reaction score
now i know what they will look like in my bumper, i will use outter holes so it doesnt block the tru cool trans cooler... here was is a little research i did with lumens and price for any others looking into doing this. all of these are LEDs and will fit just like this rigid did.

rigid dually =1300 lumens @$170 (slighly smaller then D2) comes in 2 different angle beams

superbrightled = 1350 lumens @ $120 for the pair (3.5"x4.5"x2.5")

rigid Dually D2 = 2600 lumens @ $300 (3"x3"x3") comes in 3 different angle beams

exploration outfitters = 2900lumens @ $204 for the pair (2"... altho it looks like a 2"x3")
>>best bang for the buck<<

baha deigns squadron = 3600 lumnes @ $300 (3"x3"x2.6")
>>same price as D2 with 1000 more lumens<<

im personally not impressed with the baja designs lights at all. i feel you are geting a far better light in the D2. especally the beam pattern. the baja is pretty much a spot light even in their driving beam, the rigid seems to have a much more effective pattern

i cant find the actual pictures but heres the graph
http://rigidindustries.com/v/rigidcatalog/obj/25.html

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDetail?ItemNumber=660052

the rigids also have twice the expected lifespan. granted i doubt i would ever wear out either, but still.

i would also like to know where they are made. Rigids are made right here in the states. in arizona

me2

Reaction score
now i know what they will look like in my bumper, i will use outter holes so it doesnt block the tru cool trans cooler... here was is a little research i did with lumens and price for any others looking into doing this. all of these are LEDs and will fit just like this rigid did.

rigid dually =1300 lumens @$170 (slighly smaller then D2) comes in 2 different angle beams

superbrightled = 1350 lumens @ $120 for the pair (3.5"x4.5"x2.5")

rigid Dually D2 = 2600 lumens @ $300 (3"x3"x3") comes in 3 different angle beams

exploration outfitters = 2900lumens @ $204 for the pair (2"... altho it looks like a 2"x3")
>>best bang for the buck<<

baha deigns squadron = 3600 lumnes @ $300 (3"x3"x2.6")
>>same price as D2 with 1000 more lumens<<

a single 35 watt hid bulb puts out over 3,000 lumens and can be road legal/compliant due to having curtains for low beam cutoff. the lens aspect of the projectors makes for a very uniform or concentrated beam pattern depending on the application. 50/55 watt hids aproach 5,000 lumens per bulb.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Also the rigid website may be out of date but tw box my D2's came in says they are 3030 lumens each
well that makes a big differance!
a single 35 watt hid bulb puts out over 3,000 lumens and can be road legal/compliant due to having curtains for low beam cutoff. the lens aspect of the projectors makes for a very uniform or concentrated beam pattern depending on the application. 50/55 watt hids aproach 5,000 lumens per bulb.
so this is referring to HID conversion in SD fog lights?

09stroker

Reaction score

D2's are way brighter than HIDs

Steamfighter

Reaction score
Just got my 20" E series bar. Hooked it up temporary. Very intense, even in the day light, waiting for dark to see how it looks. (just waiting for the mount for it now!!) Might need a set of D2's soon!!

Pstroke96

Reaction score
Just got my 20" E series bar. Hooked it up temporary. Very intense, even in the day light, waiting for dark to see how it looks. (just waiting for the mount for it now!!) Might need a set of D2's soon!!

Did you get the rigid mount or are you doing something different?

Steamfighter

Reaction score
I hooked up the lights temporary last night, pictures do not do justice to how well they light up an area. Doesn't flood light as much as I thought it would, but shoots a very intense white /wide beam a very long distance. You can't look in the direction of the light head on, its is so intense it is blinding. Will post pics when I get it mounted.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
how are you guys mounting the switches in the cab? i have mine zip tied up under the dash cause i cant make up my mind and im about to pull the trigger on a set of diffused duallys for my back rack i gotta have something more permanent. what are your ideas?

sniper_101

Reaction score
Just ordered a 20" combo bar for an upcoming trip this summer for the night driving part. Can't wait! I love my wide beam D2's, but I need more spot light than they produced. This bar will be tits for running the back roads on the farm at night.

Thinking about mounting one of the D2's on the back of my truck as a reverse/aux light and the other on my motorcycle. Not sure yet.

taterthedog

Reaction score
Just ordered a 20" combo bar for an upcoming trip this summer for the night driving part. Can't wait! I love my wide beam D2's, but I need more spot light than they produced. This bar will be tits for running the back roads on the farm at night.

Thinking about mounting one of the D2's on the back of my truck as a reverse/aux light and the other on my motorcycle. Not sure yet.

I got a 20" combo bar, and I got 2 D2s extra because I find the 20" doesn't light the ditch enough. Haven't put on the D2s yet though.

sniper_101

Reaction score
I got a 20" combo bar, and I got 2 D2s extra because I find the 20" doesn't light the ditch enough. Haven't put on the D2s yet though.

Hmm, maybe I'll be running all of them up front then. These wide angle D2's light up the ditch VERY well. Lights up power lines overhead and every little thing in the ditch. Saved me from 3 deer and a moose so far!