rmp hangs between shifts zf6

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
I just bought a 2010 f250 with a manual transmission and the rpms seem to hang or stay reved up between shifts. I updated the tunes with my black maxx to see if that would do anything and it didn't. It's not throwing any codes and doesn't seem do to it when it's cold,under around 120 for the coolant temp. Of any of you could help me out that would be awesome,thanks in advance.

Bair

Reaction score
For what it's worth my 08 zf6 did the same thing. I always just drove around it. Never really bothered me. It would seem like tuning could change it but I always had the canned H&S.

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
That's weird I wonder if it's something to do with the h&s tunes. My 08 never did it but when it still had the canned tunes those were way older versions,maybe they changed something. I'm going to call and get gearhead tunes soon and I'll mention it. Sideswipe I think it's fully disengaging it shifts nice and smooth.

b.knight0926

Reaction score
I have a 2010 with the zf6 and i run innovative tunes. Don't have any issues with that, I was looking into gearhead tunes as well. It'd be cool if you could give an update once you get them. I'm interested to see how people like them before I buy.

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
I have a 2010 with the zf6 and i run innovative tunes. Don't have any issues with that, I was looking into gearhead tunes as well. It'd be cool if you could give an update once you get them. I'm interested to see how people like them before I buy.

I'll definitely give an update about the tunes for you. I had KEM tunes on my old truck and I liked them a lot so at least I will have a good comparison. Do you have an aftermarket clutch to hold up for the tunes?

madman1234509

Reaction score
Nice to see you on here again. I believe you dynod a few years ago in Schenectady when I was there with my 08. If I recall you put down decent numbers and had a good amount of work done after that. What ever happened with that truck?

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
Yeah that was me. Finally back into the game now that I found another 6 spd 6.4....I still have the other truck for parts. I rolled it over a little over two years ago in a snow storm and I bought it back pretty cheap from the insurance company. I originally planned on fixing it up but found this one for a good price. I miss that charcoal grey though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.