Rocker arms???

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Broke one a few weeks ago. It was an exhaust side, but all I could get was intake. Seems no difference, just had to flip it around. Anyone have any different info?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I think the casting where the ball rides just gave up the ghost. I've just got an odd sound I cant figure out.

Kind of a thumping noise. In there doing glow plugs now and thought now would be the time to confirm what I thought.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Probably have a valve guide sticking. This will happen again

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Check the sockets that the ball bearing rides in. I had a truck that was doing that and ended up that the socket for the rocker had mushroomed out a little and the bearing was riding low in the socket. Still worked but was delaying he intake valve when opening and causing a thump sound to be heard through the intake plenum.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
The one I posted had both intake and exhaust pushrods off yet injector still dumping fuel. And ran with no issues except a slight miss at idle. Crazy

Dieselsvt

Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/150968322 Don't know if you'll be able to veiw this, but it caused a serious ticking noise on deceleration and a thumping out of the exhaust.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swore as a last resort this is what was wrong with mine. Didn't find anything too out of the ordinary upon disassembly but this
image_1.jpg
the left ball is discolored. Socket appears not as bad as the one you've got there.
I'm waiting for a replacement to come in. You might have seen my other thread. I'm cautiously optimistic...don't think mines bad enough.

2001 7.3 swamps 175/146 single shots/ idm ts-6 chip.

Reaction score
I never measured the lash, but I wiggled it around and I'd say it had about a 1/16" of play between the rocker and the valve.

Dieselsvt

Reaction score
I never measured the lash, but I wiggled it around and I'd say it had about a 1/16" of play between the rocker and the valve.

Exhaust rocker I assume?
Let me ask you this did it thump at idle or under load?

2001 7.3 swamps 175/146 single shots/ idm ts-6 chip.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online