Rods

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
All power levels, depending on tuning. Torque in the lower RPMs is the killer.

Seems like tuning has come a long ways though, many have made 500+ semi reliably now. Only time will tell

imelmo

Reaction score
All power levels, depending on tuning. Torque in the lower RPMs is the killer.

Seems like tuning has come a long ways though, many have made 500+ semi reliably now. Only time will tell

Didn't H&S get up to 800+ on a stock engine and it never blew? I thought they were still driving it too.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Didn't H&S get up to 800+ on a stock engine and it never blew? I thought they were still driving it too.

Yes the motor was making just over 600 w/o the nitrous and as far as I know is still together on the stock rods . Single turbo with dual fuelers just above the 600 hp mark, on 40's

Amyers

Reaction score
I completely forgot about that ha. I'm thinking of doing elites 6.0 rods for now, I don't think I'll ever go over 650.

imelmo

Reaction score
I don't think I'll ever go over 650.

People say things like that all the time. I said I was gonna keep my current truck stock other than a tuner when I got it. :lookaround:

Amyers

Reaction score
I know what you mean lol. I've said that about all the trucks I've had. This truck is really just a tow pig, if I'm not at school its usually hooked to a 32ft cattle trailer or a 35ft gooseneck.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
If I were you I wouldn't bother putting in 6.0 rods... I would just put carillos and be done. If you are gonna go through all that work why not do it right?

Reaction score
I wouldn't do 6.0 rods. If spending the money might as well do it right. I personally use the R&R rods. We stock them for most powerstrokes. To this day we nor any other shop have ever had one bend or break.

Latest posts

Members online