rough cold start issue

swinky

Reaction score
It runs perfectly smooth. Never gives me an issue. Just starts hard these past few times. It's a little shaky but then again at those temps what isn't

Sent from my Pear phone 5 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a glow plug issue. If it was on the oil side of things it would run rough for a while. I'd still check the ficm though.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Rev x is a band aid by half ass at best. Tried it in about 5 trucks and worked for about 100 miles on one. Glow plugs are not that expensive to replace so if you did them it would rule that out. As far as oil goes everyone swears by this or that but we run rotella 15-40 in everything from 7.3-6.4 with no issues. If it has an injector issue it has an injector issue. There is no real band aid for it but to just do injectors. If you do not have proper tools to scan etc I would stArt with glowplugs since that is most cost effective

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
If it is an injector issue then it will be fixed properly but right now between needing tires and a turbo I'm kinda strapped for cash. So I am hoping it's something simple

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Where the uvch is there are two connectors. You use a voltmeter and the outer two wires are for the gps and see what the resistance is for each

swinky

Reaction score
It almost sounds like fuel is bleeding off. Next time it's dead cold turn the key on and let the fuel pump run, should turn off after 30 seconds then turn key off and back on to let the pump run again then start it. I doubt it's your issue but worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
When my truck runs the ficm is at 48-49v but when it first starts up it will drop down to 45v after 20 seconds. I can't see what it's doin while cranking.

Latest posts

Members online