Rough idle after srp1

TARM

Reaction score
That is it. The one you are calling the return on top of the Res for a SPR1 is actually the extra fill hose coming up from one of those ports I just showed you pic of the choices you can pick from. Now on dual HPOP or if this was some remote IPR type deal it could be a return from the IPR. That is not anything to consider in your case or anyone with a SPR1,

To summarize:

Run a hose from one of the ports shown in the posted photos on the oil cooler /engine block up to the top of the HPOP Res. That port on the Res it can be attached to can either be the inspection fill port on the top of the Res or you can drill tap a hole of your own.

AzPsd55

Reaction score
That is it. The one you are calling the return on top of the Res for a SPR1 is actually the extra fill hose coming up from one of those ports I just showed you pic of the choices you can pick from. Now on dual HPOP or if this was some remote IPR type deal it could be a return from the IPR. That is not anything to consider in your case or anyone with a SPR1,

To summarize:

Run a hose from one of the ports shown in the posted photos on the oil cooler /engine block up to the top of the HPOP Res. That port on the Res it can be attached to can either be the inspection fill port on the top of the Res or you can drill tap a hole of your own.

Ok i had a brain fart i thought there was a feed and a return, well i checked out my ICP pigtail and it was starting to chaff right were the wires come into the connector. So i replaced that and the ICP sensor and it ran a little smoother but the problem is still apparent. Well my injectors will be back from full force monday so well see if it helps or not:shrug: With the valve covers off i can maybe see if anything else is causing the problem. Im still kinda leaning towards tunning, so when the new injectors go in i will have johnathan tweak a few things. It seems on my hot tune it runs alote better but every other one it shakes. :cursing:

AzPsd55

Reaction score
IMHO-You're idle issues aren't related to air in your HPOP oil system at 1500 post HPOP install miles. After 100 miles you should start looking elsewhere IMHO. It just looked like you might've not had driven it enough after the swap is what 907Dave was getting at.

I'm sympathetic to your warm idle issues, because I just went through this myself.

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1560608&postcount=120

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100951&page=20

To give you hope/motivation...it will feel awesome when you get this resolved. It's hard to explain how satisfied I am with how my truck idles/runs now....in summary, it rocks. :clapping: But back to your rig...

If I may request...post up some idle quality video of both the cold and warm idle. If you have a high idle tune/AICM, include how it idles when at a higher rpm, both warm and cold.

Since you've got AE, if you capture the screenshot off your laptop, with ICP/DC/PW, under the four scenarios of cold/low, cold/high, warm/low, warm/high of engine temps/idle rpm on your videos.....that should be all the info your tuner would need to fix a tuning issue.

Throw up your Rotational Velocity/Cylinder Contribution/Inj Buzz Test results as well.

There's a lot in the tuning on these trucks....you start putting high performance parts on our trucks...generic/canned tunes are just that. Each truck has it's own quirks. You could have a 100% mechanically perfect truck, that just needs a tuning tweak. AE will help determine if that's the case or if you have a HPOP oil system related issue. Look forward to your posts.

I will through up some pics or vids here soon iv just been real busy, let me see what i can do

AzPsd55

Reaction score
Whwn i bought this pump it was from a member who has an early 99, and it was built for his truck does that matter. my truck is a 2000, are all the pumps made the same or are they mad specifically for a sertain year. If so i think that might be my problem but if not then nevrmind. Any help would be great because im ready to buy another pump cuz this one is driving me crazy

co04cobra

Reaction score
I got dibs if you want to sell that one. Ill even trade you a good 17* you can use or ship back for a core.

TARM

Reaction score
One question. Why have you not yet or would not call the actual guy/company that built/manf the pump in the first place and tell him.them the issue? Seriously, you would go buy a different pump without even calling the manf to see what he has to say about the pump you already spent good money on?

That would have been the first thing I did after basic diagnosing the install and normal checks and then a internet search for it being a known issue.

Its a known issue on a very small number of pumps which there is a good number of posts and threads mentioning it.

The info below and link where it can be found should help you on your way to getting your Stealth SRP1 functioning @ 100%:

Gary F. Stecher
Stecher Performance LLC
Home of the Stealth HPOPs

For Technical Support:
Phone: (314) 766-7867
[email protected]

Stecher Performance Contact Info

AzPsd55

Reaction score
Ok talked to Gary, he wants me to log the ICP and DC cold and warm to figure out what is going on, he said weather its an IPR issue or pump he will get me fixed up.
Thx for all your guys help, i will let you know what happends

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Id bet you had a fuel issue POP up that you never knew existed. Ask me know I know :doh:

I've now Got stage 2s on the way LOL

AzPsd55

Reaction score
Just curious, did you get your truck fixed? Pump or IPR?

im still waiting on gary to get back to me, i did do the supplemental feed line and it helped out alot. Doesent shake nearly as bad. But hopfully all will get figured out.

AzPsd55

Reaction score
Id bet you had a fuel issue POP up that you never knew existed. Ask me know I know :doh:

I've now Got stage 2s on the way LOL

why do you say that?

Hopfully not but i will know soon i just got my injectors back from full force, just waiting on a few things before they go in

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Do them injectors bud. I put my adrenaline in and then noticed I had a nasty misfire. Have a bad injector

70jeeper

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Gary, would be more helpful then you will ever know if you keep us informed.

Thanks again, Mike

F-127

Reaction score
Had a similar issue and tuning is what cured it for me. Nice idle while cold, a seemingly rolling misfire when warm. A short explaination on how I thought the problem was cured. Fuel demands with a cold engine are higher than a warm engine. As the engine warms up the minimum allowable (think tuning) fuel injected is greater than the necessary fuel required.

BDP Tuner

Reaction score
Just doing some reading this morning and seen this thread. If the ICP #'s you posted on the first page are right then your ICP is to low when the truck is at temp. Give me a call and I will fix it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.