Rough idle & dyeing

LoneStar7.3

Reaction score
Recently my truck has had a bad lope problem. It does not happen all the time but more than not. First when I start it up it will lope and sometimes die. Also occasionally when I press the throttle nothing will happen. I will put it to the floorboard and nothing. This only really happens at low speeds. Also the truck will also sometimes die. I will be driving and let Off the gas and the truck will drop Rpms and die. Or just drop Rpms and lope with terrible throttle response. I took my chip off to see if this would help and it didn't.

All of these symptoms do not always happen but they do occasionally. Any thoughts? Thanks
Austin

Big Bore

Reaction score
You forgot CPS. And oil change interval.

Actually, I had it in there, but thought about it and removed it. Mostly because I didn't see him say it was stalling while driving. That's been my experience with a CPS that doesn't just fail completely. :shrug:

Did anyone mention throttle pedal assembly (TPS)?

jshalala

Reaction score
does the truck have the engine light on? See if you can get it on a good scanner to check for current or stored codes. That way you can narrow it down to the sensor or wiring that is causing your problem

LoneStar7.3

Reaction score
I have a scanner, but I believe my OBD port is shot.

But it turns out that my problem was my CPS. replaced it and truck is fine now.

Latest posts

Members online