Rough idle shakes when accelerating loss of power

Campspringsjohn

Reaction score
What kind of oil are you running in your truck now? As for Hot Shot Secret, yeah, it's suppose to help eliminate a stiction problem that is more common with the 6.0's. I wouldn't run it in a 7.3. The best thing for the 7.3 is run a high quality oil and keep it changed regularly.

Hickboii

Reaction score
I run rotella and Change it every 5000 miles. I'm not sure what the test was I wasn't running the machine. It seemed very complicated for my tiny redneck brain. Haha. The way he explained it to me is it shuts of half the injectors and increases the pressure to the others and then does the other half. Or maybe I'm fing that all up, I'm not really sure but it fixed the problem.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
How low was it when she filled up? If it was LOW I'm guessing it had air in the fuel. SD's don't purge air well. Whatever you did to increase ICP prolly expedited the air through the injectors.

Hickboii

Reaction score
The light had just come on. We've run it quite a bit lower than that before. Till the comp said 0 miles till empty and never had a problem. Gotta get to the favorite fuel station.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The light had just come on. We've run it quite a bit lower than that before. Till the comp said 0 miles till empty and never had a problem. Gotta get to the favorite fuel station.

Start saving for injectors now...:doh:

Hickboii

Reaction score
We are. I'm thinking with tax money. I want to put some stage 2 in it. I was looking at dp tuners programmer. Like I said I already had the trans done. I pull a 30' toy hauler pretty regular. It weighs about 12000lbs fully loaded quads, gas, water ect. So I wanna have a tow mode. The wife drive the ex daily with the kids so I need a moderate economy mode and when I drive it it needs to **** and git. What do you think?

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score

Start saving for injectors now...:doh:

We are. I'm thinking with tax money. I want to put some stage 2 in it. I was looking at dp tuners programmer. Like I said I already had the trans done. I pull a 30' toy hauler pretty regular. It weighs about 12000lbs fully loaded quads, gas, water ect. So I wanna have a tow mode. The wife drive the ex daily with the kids so I need a moderate economy mode and when I drive it it needs to **** and git. What do you think?

The reason I said that is in bold and red above... DO NOT RUN YOUR TANK DOWN ALL THE TIME. Its extreamly hard on every part of the fuel system. I dont understand why people do this, more so when they have a family. My wife does not allow the tank to drop below 1/4 of a tank.

As to injectors... Chelsea's Excursion has AC's in it, which is what I would recommend to most people. It dyno'ed 350hp with those and a mild tune.

_MG_7192.jpg

Latest posts

Members online