royal purple atf

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Not a debate, I need some facts. I will be flushing my transmission this weekend. I want to use synthetic fluid but trannys are the one thing I don't really understand and try to not deal with. I can get a great deal on royal purple, does royal purple max atf meet all of the requirements for our trucks or should I stick with mercon?

ToMang07

Reaction score
Not a debate, I need some facts. I will be flushing my transmission this weekend. I want to use synthetic fluid but trannys are the one thing I don't really understand and try to not deal with. I can get a great deal on royal purple, does royal purple max atf meet all of the requirements for our trucks or should I stick with mercon?

First.... I hate RP so I'm biased.

But if if it's not Mercon rated.... don't touch it.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I hate royal purple too but its the best deal on synthetic I could find. I was going to give it a shot but I didn't know if it was mercon rated that's why I came here.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
Call Brian at BTS. He has his own blend that you can purchase from him, or stick with reg tranny Mercron oil.

dietoremain

Reaction score
I'm just using plain ol' chevron MD3 here works great and my bud gets it in a 5 gal bucket cant beat that. But if you got the $ for synthetic why not..

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I think I've decided to just go with merc. After reading, everything said it really didn't change temps in trans. Figure you guys are running merc putting more strain on the trans towing than me and it works out.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
i thought brian used schaeffers products

That is correct. And after speaking with him, he also explained to me that he changes the blend for his application. Meaning you can only get it from him as I offered to just pick some up locally. I had used RP and he asked that I drain the pan and fill with regular oil instead due to the high torge and preventing the cluches from slipping and that I would be fine.

Latest posts

Members online