RR - which system?

rascal

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a RR system/fuel bowl delete for my 2000 Super Duty but I am stuck between Strictly and Irate. Both seem to have very nice systems. I like the Irate kit because of their filter/pump mouting system. Keeps everything all one place where the Strictly kit seems to spread everything around. I said "seems"; I could be completely wrong and the filters can be mounted in a central location.

I would ask anyone who has one of these systems to please post your experience with the system (installation, fit and finish, etc).

Thanks!

Last edited:

rascal

Reaction score
Just to note - I really like everything I read and see from Dennis @ Strictly Diesel. I just finished reading his document on fuel pumps in the Premium Vendor section. Very informative. Besides selling what seems to be a great system the support Strictly provides seems to be top notch.

Tough decision...

2000wa250

Reaction score
Dennis was the first, and IMO is the absolute best as far as quality, service, and support.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

psduser1

Reaction score
Jake's setup is nice, and I have Di's on my ex. Both are excellent, although sometimes Jake is hard to get ahold of on the phone. I prefer the hard lines, but that's just preference. I built my own filter setup, so I can't comment on their filter setups, just used their rr on the engine end of it.
Can't go wrong either way

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a RR system/fuel bowl delete for my 2000 Super Duty but I am stuck between Strictly and Irate. Both seem to have very nice systems. I like the Irate kit because of their filter/pump mouting system. Keeps everything all one place where the Strictly kit seems to spread everything around. I said "seems"; I could be completely wrong and the filters can be mounted in a central location.

I would ask anyone who has one of these systems to please post your experience with the system (installation, fit and finish, etc).

Thanks!

What else is being done to this truck (performance stuff)? Are there large injectors in it's future, or are you doing the RR and filtering for "reliability"?

I ask because your intended power level will determine your pump needs, and your pump needs will determine how much fuel system work you need to do. If you are staying with stock to mild injectors, you can do the FBD RRK and our post pump fuel filter kit and keep your stock fuel pump. Add the pre-pump kit if you want to (not a bad idea). You could also add a low pressure FASS or AirDog instead of the pre-pump kit and have the benefits of more filtration as well as air removal...AND...fuel pump redundancy (guys that drive a lot and are worried about reliability like this concept).

Of course, if you're going for bigger power, you may need to lose the stock pump and consider a larger aftermarket unit.

As for why our filters seem "spread out", there are good and bad sides to everything. Some businesses in our industry focus on high horsepower setups. While we certainly have no problem supporting big power with our products (as evidenced by our own and customers trucks), our focus has mostly been on the "average joe". We have a TON of customers that do a TON of towing, and a bunch of them are running big aftermarket fuel tanks (Transfer Flow and Titan) to extend their refueling distances. Those tanks don't leave much room in the area where the typical "filter-pump-filter" brackets are mounted. It's a lot easier to find the room to install one small pre-pump filter in a tight space (even outside the frame if absolutely necessary) and keep the others more forward in the truck in these cases.

We also have a lot of customers that are doing the fuel system work purely for reliability and to maximize how their existing setup runs. It just wouldn't make sense to have a customer relocate their stock fuel pump and have to mess with wiring for no reason...or to run hose from the pre-pump filter up to the pump, then backwards to the post pump filter (mounted by the other filter) and then up to the engine. That would be a mess.

Lastly, we have a lot of customers that do their fuel system work in pieces (either for budget or time reasons). Our modular component configuration makes this much easier.

I will try to watch this thread to see how you answer about future injectors and power goals...but feel free to contact me directly at the office (phone or email) if I don't respond quickly enough. Keep an eye on our website or facebook too...we've got some more new fuel system stuff in the works.

bbbxcursion

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a RR from anyone but Dennis. His kit is quality and his attention to detail is top notch.

JSchuricht

Reaction score
I have one of Dennis's (Strictly Diesel) older kits from the ITP days on my 00, from before he had any filter/pump kits. I also have one of Jake's (Irate Diesel) on my 95. I can back up what Dennis said about keeping everything modular. My 95 has larger Transferflo tanks and the front tank left little room between the tank and transfer case for the filter assembly. I ended up going outside the frame so I would have room for something longer than a E4OD in the future. Having installed both and dealt with both Dennis and Jake, I have to say Dennis's kit is much nicer and the service is much better. I can still remember Dennis calling me to tell me one of the parts I ordered was redundant before he shipped it, getting ahold of Jake on the other hand can be a bit of a challenge.

Now Dennis, hurry up and get my fluidamper shipped. :poke:

JSchuricht

Reaction score
Wish I could edit... To add to what I said earlier, the modular approach was also a benefit to me for time reasons. On my 00, I had also bought a air dog from Dennis. Due to being deployed, I installed the air dog almost a year before I got around to installing the RR despite having purchased both at the same time.

rascal

Reaction score
I have plans to eventually put injectors (238/80 or something similar), larger turbo (GTP38R or H2e) with other supporting mods of course. This is not a dedicated race or sled puller by any means. Mainly used for daily driving, towing a gooseneck, and some fun. Hope to pass on the truck to my son in 15 years or so too. As mentioned, everything I have read, heard, and seen in regards to your products Dennis seems to be top notch.

I will be ordering my RR, pre&post pump filter kits from you this week. Figure it is a good time to do this since I am taking the top of the motor apart to do the EBPV delete.

Thanks!

SeeYa

Reaction score
There's a reason we've only sold Dennis' RR kits and all of his specialty products for 8 years now.

Quality!

rascal

Reaction score
Just placed the order for my kit from Strictly Diesel. Can't wait to get it and install it.

Proud to support such a contributing member to this forum and someone who supports "Made in the USA"!

Thanks guys!

rascal

Reaction score
Since I went with the pre & post pump kits Strictly offers I will probably do the dual OEM Bosch setup when I get my 238 or 250 injectors...one day.

Will the pre pump filter offer enough flow to support this as long as I upgrade the pick up tube?

Thanks

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
The filter head will be fine, and the 1212 filter would probably be fine as well. Usually we go to the BF1252 once we raise the flow rates though (like with the Fuelab pump)...so you would just need to do the 5/8" pickup and hose to the filter head, swap to the BF1252 filter element and then you could either use the dual outlets of the filter head to feed the dual pumps...or run 5/8" hose to one of our new Y-Blocks to make the split for the pumps. We can worry about that later, the short answer is that the filter you're getting will be fine (no need to change the bracket, head, etc).

rascal

Reaction score
The filter head will be fine, and the 1212 filter would probably be fine as well. Usually we go to the BF1252 once we raise the flow rates though (like with the Fuelab pump)...so you would just need to do the 5/8" pickup and hose to the filter head, swap to the BF1252 filter element and then you could either use the dual outlets of the filter head to feed the dual pumps...or run 5/8" hose to one of our new Y-Blocks to make the split for the pumps. We can worry about that later, the short answer is that the filter you're getting will be fine (no need to change the bracket, head, etc).

Awesome! Thanks Dennis!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.