Rudy's up pipes

1tonpower

Reaction score
9D44-E93B084E0F8F-405-000000A20D4A55A1_zps93128967.jpg

My egr pipe is blown at the flex joint. I've deleted the coolers already so the pipe is useless to me. I've seen the stainless up pipes with out the EGR cooler provision..Who makes these pipes with out it, I've google searched already and saw them somewhere, but I can't fin them again.

lildevil02

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Dark Horse Diesel makes them. They are a great product made out of new pipes. They don't make them out of used stock stuff. They have held up perfectly so far.

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
9D44-E93B084E0F8F-405-000000A20D4A55A1_zps93128967.jpg

My egr pipe is blown at the flex joint. I've deleted the coolers already so the pipe is useless to me. I've seen the stainless up pipes with out the EGR cooler provision..Who makes these pipes with out it, I've google searched already and saw them somewhere, but I can't fin them again.

We have any kind of up-pipe that you would like to use on your truck all you need to do is give us a call and we will happy to assist you in anyway possible, 919-383-9300

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
Do you think there are any flow differences between the up pipes with the egr provision and without it? I have Rudy's up pipes with the egr provision.

1tonpower

Reaction score
The stock EGR pipe is cracked at the flex.. I don't see any reason in replacing a pipe that isn't needed. I think the lack of support the egr pipe has after the coolers are deleted had more to do with this then anything else.

one2nine

Reaction score
Doesn't the waste gate kits come with up pipes

Not unless you need to buy new ones. If you have no need or desire to ever waste gate, then don't get the provision. The gates ties into the up pipe where the egr cooler normally would be.

04hdfatboy

Reaction score
I don't think that it would have a big effect unless you are trying to squeeze every little piece of hp out of the truck like were talking .5 hp but honestly I don't think that it would make a difference.

That's what I needed to know. Thanks bud!

tbsimmons

Reaction score
If just the EGR flex joint is bad why change the up pipes.
Just cut the EGR pipe at the bottom bend then at the top and pull it out.
Drill and tap your EGR cooler block off plate and bolt on at up top. Screw in the EBP pipe and sensor. Have fun though that pipe is a huge PIA to do with the cab on.

1tonpower

Reaction score
If just the EGR flex joint is bad why change the up pipes.
Just cut the EGR pipe at the bottom bend then at the top and pull it out.
Drill and tap your EGR cooler block off plate and bolt on at up top. Screw in the EBP pipe and sensor. Have fun though that pipe is a huge PIA to do with the cab on.

i was looking at that last night. i wasnt sure if it was the same size on both ends.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
If your talking about the block off plate, yes it is. Drill and tap it. Remove or buy a new fitting for the EBP Tube. I jus removed the one from the EGR pipe.

Latest posts

Members online