ruff stuff specialties

rat49f6

Reaction score
Highly highly recommend!
I've ordered twice and the product is top notch and product was in ny hand in 3 days or less (ca to nj)

I called to ask some questions and got the owner ...i like that

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

97stoker350

Reaction score
alright what do i need for an obs cclb he reccommended the universal kit for 195. i think just the tubing is all i need but i dont know how much i need?

rat49f6

Reaction score
What are you looking to build?
I used there products to build my steering

TARM

Reaction score
I just do not understand with all the business they get from this site why they are not a Vendor is beyond me. It would seem the least they could do to support a site thats members are constantly buying and pimping their stuff. I think some of there stuff is nice and a good deal on prices but frankly if its reasonably close I go with a sponsor and look at as a return on the price they pay to be vendors i.e paid advertising supporting the site we all learn from.

rat49f6

Reaction score
Agreed
May I ask who sells this kinda specialized products that its a sponsor, so that I may support them.

TARM

Reaction score
Oh my the stuff with Riff use to DRIVE ME CRAZY. It was so silly they were not sponsors. It make Ruff Stuff look like nothing. I think with a few new products Ruff stuff could really get a draw here. They have great practically indestructible dif covers etc.

For anyone wanting to do a shackle flip in the rear (SD OBS Early etc). They have one of the very few version I would use and actually plan to. I actually use my X off road on very rough fire breaks and logging roads doing SAR work and some work for the fire dept now that no one is willing to use there H! hummers any more since they are so collectable. That was part of the initial motivation for all of my suspension mods so it could get in and out of some of the roughest areas and can carry a good amount of men and gear as well as injured.

The extra flex is worth it and I have the 08 springs which are significantly longer to boot for only that much more flex and better ride. Air bag will be added for heavy loads.

The kit is heavy duty and the way they handle the shackle I like as well as the mount it angled correctly. Very nice and built to what you need.

They also make a cool dif ring pinion protector that I want to use as part of my traction bar setup.

I talk them up over on Pirate as they are sponsor there. The issue I think will be that many do not do that much of their own custom suspension work on the Super Duties compared to jeeps and other better trail or desert rigs. But since they do some much custom work and can do it with high quality and good prices I think they could be asked to make some very nice things that could sell well with our members.

Last edited:

rat49f6

Reaction score
tarm I have the shackle flip on my obs ...its an insanely over built piece

rat49f6

Reaction score
Perfect fit

I highly reccomended taking the bed off or dropping the rear tank

Not sure how it could be done otherwise

TARM

Reaction score
Well its going on mine. As I have to relocate the front hanger anyways going to the longer 08 springs I will set them up to keep the wheel centered or get any increase in wheel base I can by moving everything as rearward as possible (better departure angle and ride quality).

I want to mess with removing the second stage bottom spring (the thick one) to give very smooth even cycling and then rely on airbag for keep heavy loads from causing squatting. Get the most use of the travel that way. Again will add to a smoother ride as well.

IMO on a OBS its almost mandatory if you like your kidneys. On rough roads it can feel like you in a damn deuce, arrggg.

Latest posts

Members online