Rungs great loses power, restart normal again

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
My business partner and I are looking into buying a 6.0 dually work truck for daily towing of our trailer etc. I found a truck at a reasonable price. The guy says 9 times out of 10 the truck runs and drives great, and the 1 out it will randomly lose power, when you shut the truck off and start it back up it runs fine again.

What is everyone's best guess? We just want to make sure its not going to be a several thousand dollar fix, regardless we do all of our own mechanical work.

Atsah

Reaction score
Could be a number of things.. Injector on it's way out, turbo problem, fuel pump headed south, who knows..

I would never buy a 6.0 without scanning it and putting it on a lift to look it over.. Lets put it this way, I did buy one and I did none of the above and it cost me $11 grand to drive 40K miles..:doh:

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Forgot to note it has 186K on it. For the price that he is asking and said he is negotiable it is very tempting. The main issue is the bed and fender are beat up.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Just low ball him and get it. If it runs 9x out of 10 correctly... it's probably something relatively easy to fix (though it may be hard to FIND). Only way to get that one is have a scanner hooked up when it starts acting up. Have you driven it at all yourself?

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
We have not test driven it because it is 4 hours away. If we are going to test drive it we will would want to be prepared to to bring it home also. The bed is FUBAR'd tailgate is destroyed, dually fender is half gone, top of bedrails are all beat up. The leather seats are all torn up. Bottom line, it is in pretty rough shape and he is asking $7k for it. We are thinking of offering $4,500 take it or leave it.

Latest posts

Members online