Running a HPFP with a 200 GPH Fass

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
So I'm pretty sure my Fass 200 is unhappy pushing 65 psi, it runs real loud with a lot of cavitation and when the temps drop it'll start blowing fuses.

I'm still using a draw straw, I have no 1/4 tank issues, and I don't have to worry about snagging a fuel line with my lowered truck.

I know these pumps weren't designed to push 65 psi, would it be insane to pick up a fuel lab 41401, run it on the low speed setting and use it as a hpfp? then allow the fass to filter and provide huge volumes of low pressure.

Am I just being ridiculous?

JGman141

Reaction score
So I'm pretty sure my Fass 200 is unhappy pushing 65 psi, it runs real loud with a lot of cavitation and when the temps drop it'll start blowing fuses.

I'm still using a draw straw, I have no 1/4 tank issues, and I don't have to worry about snagging a fuel line with my lowered truck.

I know these pumps weren't designed to push 65 psi, would it be insane to pick up a fuel lab 41401, run it on the low speed setting and use it as a hpfp? then allow the fass to filter and provide huge volumes of low pressure.

Am I just being ridiculous?

Sounds like a good plan to me

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yes I have the jumper wire, wired. No need to switch to high speed its a waste. The pump has plenty of volume to supply even the largest of injectors. You will not be disappointed.

Josh@Fuelab

Reaction score
Six Sloww: If you have any tech or install questions, just let me know. I'm here to help!

Chatham036

Reaction score
Yes I have the jumper wire, wired. No need to switch to high speed its a waste. The pump has plenty of volume to supply even the largest of injectors. You will not be disappointed.

Are you using just the fuel lab to supply pressure or are you using it to feed the HPFP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Are you using just the fuel lab to supply pressure or are you using it to feed the HPFP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuelab is the only pump on the truck. The 41401 is high pressure high volume pump. I run it at 60psi, and is more than sufficient for what anyone needs. Needle stays at 60psi and doesnt even think about moving with 225/100s :thumbsup:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Fuelab is the only pump on the truck. The 41401 is high pressure high volume pump. I run it at 60psi, and is more than sufficient for what anyone needs. Needle stays at 60psi and doesnt even think about moving with 225/100s :thumbsup:

Lol which makes me think this setup will be stupid overkill, with a 200 gph pump feeding the fuelab, but I already have the fass and it will provide the filtration without having to totally change my setup..

I plan to go with some bigger sticks down the road, my hpop seems to feed my 225's just fine, I may see what it'll do with some 285's

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
turn the fass down a little and see if it runs better, do you have a regulated return? Who built the injectors? Whose tuning? Im betting you have fuel pulled back to 2.1 -2.2ms pulse width equivalent. There is more in the tuning im sure.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
turn the fass down a little and see if it runs better, do you have a regulated return? Who built the injectors? Whose tuning? Im betting you have fuel pulled back to 2.1 -2.2ms pulse width equivalent. There is more in the tuning im sure.

The fass currently bounces all over between 60-65 psi.. No regulated return, which probably doesn't help, I'll be addressing that before I add a fuel pump. I know very little about the injectors, I bought the truck as it sits.

I'm just trying to figure out how to keep this fass from killing itself, it's definitely struggling as configured. Not pressure wise, it stays rock solid when I hammer down.. But it cavatates a lot, blows fuses in the cold, and doesn't hold a steady pressure at idle.

I was putting the cart before the horse when I said the truck will be getting bigger injectors, a LOT can be improved with the current setup, There's been a lot of innovation in the 6.0 aftermarket since this truck was built.

Last edited:

Mdub707

Reaction score
There was a guy on the ORG who did this exact thing with his AD2. He kept blowing fuses and motors on his AD. He eventually went to a larger power wire and I believe he even had done measurements with a multi-meter to show that it was working too hard. The larger wiring helped, some. It still blew motors. He finally bought a different pump to use as his "high pressure" if that's what you want to call it and used the AD2 as just a lift pump. It still ended up dying on him.

If you want to keep messing with it, that's up to you. In theory your idea should work perfect, use the FASS pump as the lift pump only having to supply 10psi or whatever to feed the fuelab. If it was me, eliminate all of that, build your own filtration setup and stick the fuelab on there with a sump feeding it. If I'm not mistaken fuelab recommends a sump if you're running it as a stand alone but if you're pulling from the top of the tank you should use a lift pump. I think guys are still running them without a lift pump without issue though.

Fuelabs are also brushless motors.

Greg, don't most order the 41402? I have to look up the difference between that and the 41401

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
no, the 41402is overkill, the 41401is cheaper and more than sufficient, for 99% of the trucks out there.

Mdub707

Reaction score
That's good to know. I've seen both P/N's tossed around quite a bit and the 41402 actually comes up more often believe it or not. Good info. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online