Running boards

Homesteader

Reaction score
Who make the best quality running boards or nerf bars?
I like the stock ones because lots of room to step on but looking for a better look.

Koda22

Reaction score
Well amp is the way to go, but the price is pretty rough...next for me is n-fab...I think they look pretty good and don't cost an arm and a leg..

Homesteader

Reaction score
Well amp is the way to go, but the price is pretty rough...next for me is n-fab...I think they look pretty good and don't cost an arm and a leg..

Is the amp running boards all powered? I would like to stay away from powered running boards. Any other good quality brands besides n-fab?

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
What year steps do you have. You could upgrade to a newer style. Factory ones are the only ones that provide you with a real step and fuctionality

CurtisF

Reaction score
What year steps do you have. You could upgrade to a newer style. Factory ones are the only ones that provide you with a real step and fuctionality

I agree.

The new 5" and 6" chrome steps from the Ford dealer are some of the best out there. They look nice and they don't fall apart, rust, etc. You'll pay a bit more, but it's worth it IMHO. I put a set of the new 6" steps on my truck last year. Bolts right up with zero modifications.

You'll have to tell the parts counter guy it's for a new Super Duty. If you give him the year of your old one, he'll find the part number for the old school style. Those aren't nearly as nice.

Word of warning, do NOT get the 5" in black. They always chip the powdercoating off.

Homesteader

Reaction score

My truck is 01. I think they are OEM. They run the full length of the cab. Yes they are great because you can step anywhere.

Homesteader

Reaction score
I agree.

The new 5" and 6" chrome steps from the Ford dealer are some of the best out there. They look nice and they don't fall apart, rust, etc. You'll pay a bit more, but it's worth it IMHO. I put a set of the new 6" steps on my truck last year. Bolts right up with zero modifications.

You'll have to tell the parts counter guy it's for a new Super Duty. If you give him the year of your old one, he'll find the part number for the old school style. Those aren't nearly as nice.

Word of warning, do NOT get the 5" in black. They always chip the powdercoating off.

Got any pics?

CurtisF

Reaction score
Got any pics?

Searched my phone and apparently I didn't take a single picture of it with the steps on. I'll have to rectify that one. :doh:

Anyway, here's a pic of the steps from the Ford website:

cc3z-16450-bb-20131203215001_500x370.jpg

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I put these ovals on my truck. A little different but they look good
photobucket-59961-1362278440545_zps024e658b.jpg

photobucket-38406-1353336118666.jpg

Not to be confused with the older smaller 99-04 ovals which I do not like
DSCN0559.jpg

And just picked these up for my CCSB OBS but think I may trade them.
84A1-6962AA9535D5-391-000000352CE4643C_zps0f8952a4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online