Running Lights Power Source... HELP

ToMang07

Reaction score
Ok, I have my new mirrors installed.... I have the power adjustment hooked up/working, blinkers working, heat working.

I can't for the life of me find the "Dark Brown" wire that is supposed to be the running lights power source.

Anyone? I'd really like to get this project wrapped up so I can drive my damn truck.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Update:

Used the brown wire in the light switch. Still nothing. Tested the wire, it was giving out 11.8v. So I don't know what's wrong. I'm going to have to remove the mirror caps at some point and inspect the bulbs/wiring.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
on the drivers side floorboard, pull up the plastic step piece, peel back some of the loom, and find the dark brown wire. it shouldn't be that bad at all to find.

ToMang07

Reaction score
on the drivers side floorboard, pull up the plastic step piece, peel back some of the loom, and find the dark brown wire. it shouldn't be that bad at all to find.

Well, I don't think the problem is a source wire any more. I think it's a problem with the mirrors themselves. The wire I was using was putting out 11.8v when the lights were turned on. But neither mirror would illuminate.

I need to take the mirror caps off and inspect them. Hopefully the bulbs are blown or just not seated correctly. If that's not it.... time to open the door panels again and start testing the wiring itself.

It's just weird.... everything was ran/soldered the same.... but only the running lights don't work.

Latest posts

Members online