Rust Inhibitor

caladash

Reaction score
Have some corrosion on both of my vehicles that I would like to treat. In a spot or two it has started to flake. What stuff has or hasn't worked for you? Anything out there that doesn't require much prep work but works great? Not looking for an easy way out just want to stop the cancer. Thanks!

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I've had good luck with por15. My 2000 I had before my 05 I sprayed the entire undercarraige with it and it held up awsome. It was my plowtruck in ct for 5 years and would go a couple weeks without getting washed in the winter and it didn't rot. Had some surface rust but that about 4 years after I sprayed it. I took my time and prepped it well which I think made a difference.

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
I'm one of the few people who doesnt like POR15. Had issues with it on more than one project. What I use now is Hammerite Rust Cap. Hammerite is killer stuff and is quite a bit less than POR15.

4tonGT40

Reaction score
Have some corrosion on both of my vehicles that I would like to treat. In a spot or two it has started to flake. What stuff has or hasn't worked for you? Anything out there that doesn't require much prep work but works great? Not looking for an easy way out just want to stop the cancer. Thanks!
Im not sure of the name of the product but Wurth makes it. Its basically what Ive used inside motorcycle tanks to keep from rusting any further..really good stuff and its applied like seam sealer, brush it on and forget it. It creates a cacoon and kills the rust from the inside. I will check tomorrow and list the name if your interested. Good Luck

caladash

Reaction score
Im not sure of the name of the product but Wurth makes it. Its basically what Ive used inside motorcycle tanks to keep from rusting any further..really good stuff and its applied like seam sealer, brush it on and forget it. It creates a cacoon and kills the rust from the inside. I will check tomorrow and list the name if your interested. Good Luck

Please let me know!! It would be greatly appreciated. I would like to know all my options to clean the trucks up. Rust is the only reason why we don't go to new York to see family for the holidays. Kind of lame but I work to hard to maintain my vehicles to let rust kill em!!

chappy

Reaction score
I'm a fan of chassis saver which is like por15. Italso does not stick to clean metal. Its got to have some corrossion to stick good.Nice thing is you can put top coats on it if you choose to to revitalize the paint in a couple years. After 2 years it fades to a light black due to it not haveing any pigment protection in it. And you definetely cannot put it on the outside of the truck like a bumper where it will see direct sunlght or it will fade even faster. If you want to put it on clean metal you would have to prep it firstwith a scuffing pad real good.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I'm a fan of chassis saver which is like por15. Italso does not stick to clean metal. Its got to have some corrossion to stick good.Nice thing is you can put top coats on it if you choose to to revitalize the paint in a couple years. After 2 years it fades to a light black due to it not haveing any pigment protection in it. And you definetely cannot put it on the outside of the truck like a bumper where it will see direct sunlght or it will fade even faster. If you want to put it on clean metal you would have to prep it firstwith a scuffing pad real good.

Ya I got 6 inch red scotchbrite wheels for my grinder and scuffed the whole undercarraige then degreased and cleaned it. I then sprayed 2 coats of por15 then a coat of chassis black to topcoat and protect it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.