S&B INTAKE

Bigharm27

Reaction score
HEY GUYS. I RECENTLY GOT A S&B INTAKE FOR MY TUNED AND DELETED 6.7. THREE WEEKS AFTER I GOT THE INTAKE ON I GOT A CHECK ENGINE CODE P0113. CLEANED FILTER AND WENT ON MY WAY. WELL YESTERDAY AFTER HAVING IT FOR ABOUT TWO MONTHS IT THREW THE CODE AGAIN. CLEANED THE FILTER AND ERASED THE CODE BUT STILL SHOWS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THESE FILTERS PLUGGING UP SO QUICKLY? OR DO I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
HEY GUYS. I RECENTLY GOT A S&B INTAKE FOR MY TUNED AND DELETED 6.7. THREE WEEKS AFTER I GOT THE INTAKE ON I GOT A CHECK ENGINE CODE P0113. CLEANED FILTER AND WENT ON MY WAY. WELL YESTERDAY AFTER HAVING IT FOR ABOUT TWO MONTHS IT THREW THE CODE AGAIN. CLEANED THE FILTER AND ERASED THE CODE BUT STILL SHOWS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THESE FILTERS PLUGGING UP SO QUICKLY? OR DO I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM.

P0113 - Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor 1 Circuit High

Description: The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the IAT sensor circuit through the comprehensive component monitor (CCM). If the IAT signal voltage is greater than the maximum calibrated limit, the test fails.

Possible Causes:
Open circuit in the harness
Sensor signal short to voltage
Damaged sensor
Incorrect harness connection

Diagnostic Aids: An IAT PID reading greater than 4.9 volts for greater that 50 ms indicates a concern is present.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Try unplugging the batteries and re-clip that one clip back onto the air box. The one that is part of the MAF sensor. Check for leaks where the MAF is also

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Its weird how i can erase the code with my mini maxx and drive home and it wont come back till i go to lunch or when i go home from work. why would it pass and fail sometimes.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
When my 12 was bone stock and only had 6k miles, I had this problem with a drop in replacement AFE filter. Went to one dealer ship and they couldnt figure out what was going on, and just cleared the code...then a day later, code came back on, and went to another dealer, they claimed it was the clip for the airbox(which I never thought would make a difference or throw a code.)

Not sure but may as well try to see if there is a way to clip it onto the S&B

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
There is a small metal clip, which is part of the MAF sensor harness, about a foot or so apart from the actual sensor. That is what my issue was anyways. Another thing you might start being aware of is pinched wires or on these 6.7s. (Ones in the way of being smashed between something or wedged between hard parts) Especially if you dont unplug the batteries before doing anything. Issues like these throw codes all the time and can become a huge headache. Especially on the later 6.7s.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.