S364.5 on 7.3

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
How would a precision 64/66 with a T4 1.0 divided housing compare to the s364.5?
More so in the areas of spool up, lag, boost to bp, egts, works well for a near smoke free set up and power potential?

TyCorr

Reaction score
How would a precision 64/66 with a T4 1.0 divided housing compare to the s364.5?
More so in the areas of spool up, lag, boost to bp, egts, works well for a near smoke free set up and power potential?

I'd call them and ask. Or someone who sells the precision. If they sell precision they had better at least have an idea what the bw sxe turbos are about.

Otherwise, you can get tons of info on the bw sxe series.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Justin cainer, it appears my math was off a tad. I have a small amount of rake with a 3.5" block (2.5° taper). I flopped the bed and 35s on to see where I was at stance wise. The photos are slightly misleading as the drive runs a negative slope.
20160518_162307_zps2bkrfbik.jpg

20160518_162426_zpshytqib0h.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
20160518_162412_zpsrsijyus7.jpg

And cainer, I may ditch the 250/200s. They do work very well towing with a 2.0 ms tune. Its a "tow" tune which means nothing other than I requested longer shift points and it will downshift on decel more readily if you touch the brakes otherwise it'll ride whatever gear its in. At 2ms it'll run the 38r right up to 38 or 39 psi with that billet wheel. Its pretty nuts. Its when I use other tunes i need restraint lol. Its dumb fast in town. Im just not ready to tune. Too many irons in the fire right now.

ja_cain

Reaction score
20160518_162412_zpsrsijyus7.jpg

And cainer, I may ditch the 250/200s. They do work very well towing with a 2.0 ms tune. Its a "tow" tune which means nothing other than I requested longer shift points and it will downshift on decel more readily if you touch the brakes otherwise it'll ride whatever gear its in. At 2ms it'll run the 38r right up to 38 or 39 psi with that billet wheel. Its pretty nuts. Its when I use other tunes i need restraint lol. Its dumb fast in town. Im just not ready to tune. Too many irons in the fire right now.

Thanks for the info Ty (both this and the ride height stuff). I hear you about "too many irons in the fire". Lol! I'm spread pretty thin myself. If you decide to unload the 250/200's, let me know before hand. Charles tunning would get me close until I get into tunning myself.

I think Joe (Psduser) I might be switching over to a 200% nozzle'd hybrid some time soon. I would love to see what he thinks after towing with them. He's got a zf6 too, so it would be good info for me.

I really want to see if shrinking the injection window while keep mfd really does have an impact on egt's. and possibly rod longevity since most of the stress is applied before rod angle gets too extreme. Haven't seen Charles posting that he has windowed his block with pmr's with that 2ms injection window. :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Swaan

Reaction score
Precision turbos are very popular in the gasser world.
Not real popular in the diesel world.
I think mainly it comes down to cost . A BB cartridge precision with there latest wheels is going to cost double over a sxe borg. That right there is going to be the deciding factor with 90% of people.
Also I don't think a precision on a hot fueled up diesel is going to hold up to the punishment that environment can dish out. For reliability , performance and a price stand point you really can't beat the new SXE borg warner .

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
Zack pierce has run a precision 75 on his pulling/drag truck and it has held up the the abuse of all of it. Warped a set of headers twice and the turbo is still going strong so I think they can handle the abuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaan

Reaction score
There's always exceptions to the rule but I wouldn't run one on a every day DD .

E99Oldman

Reaction score
Swaan and Cjfarm, you are both running the s364.5 with similar injectors sizes with very good results. What kind of tuning are you guys using for towing and running empty?

Swaan

Reaction score
I have tuning from ******** , Tony Wildman and swamps.
I can use any one of them and have no problems with egts if I keep it in anything but a hot or all out tune.

I've actually towed my 34ft TT in Matt's all out tune no problem just have to use common sence.

For running around empty truck is always in the 6 pos on hydra and that is a special tune Tony Wildman made me .I really like how that tune runs for DD .

Last edited:

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Swaan and Cjfarm, you are both running the s364.5 with similar injectors sizes with very good results. What kind of tuning are you guys using for towing and running empty?

I'm running a BASB which is supposely a s364.5 with DynoProven tunes. I tow 21k, set the cruise on 70 and pull hills on the PA Turnpike without dropping out of OD. I have to drop out of OD pulling the hill that bypasses Wheeling, WV I-70/I-470.

See buildup in sig.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Reaction score
Debating to stay with vgt or go T4 and BASB again if I ever have to do turbo on my 6.0, mine currently has the powermax drop in and tows just as well even better than my 7.3 did at lower speeds and highway, handles weight much better than obs too, but that combo had more top end power for sure. But some 155/30s on this 6.0 and it would out do the old truck... Aside from my unusable info, the BASB towed freaking awsome, and even has me considering it again, but I'm sure the 364.5SXE is very comparable to it, maybe slightly higher Egt's due to smaller exhaust housing

06-6.0l, studded, reworked heads, egr ******, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, dummy plugs, stand pipe, upgraded stc fitting, New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, stage 1 powermax, and Looney wild, 325/65R18

cjfarm111

Reaction score
E99oldman I have had great luck with my sxe364.5. Egts are way cooler then the 38r and I feel like the sxe is a good match for the injectors I currently have. I'm running dp's tunes and I like them with the exception of the touchy throttle. I also have dyno proven tunes and they towed well too.

E99Oldman

Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses. Sorry it took so long to respond but my wife has been in and out of the hospital for the last few weeks and things have been pretty hectic.

I think I will go with the S364.5sxe with some 180/80 injectors with an adrenaline HPOP. I will need to get some new tunes for my dp tuner and I should be in business.
:naughty:

Latest posts

Members online