S366 exhuast housing options

Bair

Reaction score
I ran a 366 1.00 housing no gate with 275/100 injectors. 1800* egts. Turbo is still fine. Spool up wasn't what I thought it shoulda been even then.

steele86

Reaction score
i the thought the s366 was a good all around turbo with stock to 250cc stick for high hp apps and for daily driving and pulling heavy loads what would be a better turbo????

OSCS

Reaction score
i the thought the s366 was a good all around turbo with stock to 250cc stick for high hp apps and for daily driving and pulling heavy loads what would be a better turbo????

The 366 is quite possibly the best all around turbo for our trucks but contrary to popular belief the 366 and 38r simply do not flow enough CFM to clean up a set of 250/100 stretched wide open on a race tune

cjfarm11

Reaction score
OSCS i totally agree. i have on 205/100 injectors and with a 38R there wasn't enough air. I since wnet with a HFSB from Bell turbo and love it. Now i kinda wish i had some bigger sticks to push it but i think the HFSB would work in your situation.

JDub

Reaction score
The 366 is quite possibly the best all around turbo for our trucks but contrary to popular belief the 366 and 38r simply do not flow enough CFM to clean up a set of 250/100 stretched wide open on a race tune

OSCS i totally agree. i have on 205/100 injectors and with a 38R there wasn't enough air. I since wnet with a HFSB from Bell turbo and love it. Now i kinda wish i had some bigger sticks to push it but i think the HFSB would work in your situation.

Looks like CJ answered the question, I've been around enough trucks running both to conclude that the HFSB does just about everything better than a S366 or 38R can. We aren't quite comparing apples to apples, because the S366 is an off the shelf Borg Warner and the HFSB is a modified version built specifically for the 7.3 platform. But it offers quicker low end response, stronger top end, lower drive pressures and at 500hp EGT's shouldn't be an issue.

Never heard of it but I will look into it Thanks cj

It is a turbo built by Bell Turbo of Corvalis, OR. It is based off the QSSB turbocharger, which evolved into the GQSSB that Wide Open Performance marketed and made popular in the daily driver/towing 450-500hp crowd. It has since been upgraded into the HFSB we are now selling. We use the Hypermax mount kit for it, so it has a different turbine flange than your t-4 but it could be made to work.

http://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-powerstroke/ford-powerstroke-7-3l/turbo-upgrades/hfsb-turbo.html

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.