S366 help

Strokethis213

Reaction score
Just installed my s366 have 190/30 warren injectors and just got a tune for IDP and it is beyond laggy. I'll black out 4 lanes of traffic before it lights any help is greatly appreciated. Also what can I tell Eric to maybe change things in the tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
Idp sucked donkey balls on my truck..... Gearhead ftw.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Check elsewhere first, boost leaks, exhaust leaks.. Have you driven a non vgt before?

People swear by their tuners but I've been back and forth between idp and gearhead and spool up wasn't any different for me.

The two tuners definitely have different characteristics but every truck is different, don't assume it's garbage if it needs tweaks. I've never had a "perfect" tune on the first revision

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Check elsewhere first, boost leaks, exhaust leaks.. Have you driven a non vgt before?

People swear by their tuners but I've been back and forth between idp and gearhead and spool up wasn't any different for me.

The two tuners definitely have different characteristics but every truck is different, don't assume it's garbage if it needs tweaks. I've never had a "perfect" tune on the first revision

this...

make sure your up pipes don't have any leaks, make sure all your boots are tight. 190s isn't a huge injector so should have real bad smoking issues.

if everything is tight and you don't see any boost leaks anywhere, just get in touch with eric, and explain whats going on. I personally have had great results with erics tunes, but as I tell my customers, every truck and driver is different, try multiple tuners until you find the one that works best for your style of driving.

Strokethis213

Reaction score
Eric has been great with everything I'll check for leaks. Also how many pounds of boost should this turbo run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDub

Reaction score
Judging by your avatar picture, those giant tires and what i'd guess is stock 3.73 gearing is one more strike against that turbo being able to spool like it should. if you can't get things to perform like it should, swapping for a 64.5/70/.91 should do the trick and still run nicely with 190/30 injectors

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I would put a 2200 converter in it before I would swap the turbo, a converter is needed anyway at that power level and would really wake it up.

I'm on the same page with the gears, 4:30's at least with 37's imo