S366 install help

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
Installed a s366 in my 04 6.0 this week. Got everything together started the truck and its pushing oil out the oil filter cap and turbo stopped turning, removed oil fill cap and same thing happened. Pulled the oil drain off and im not getting any oil coming out the oil drain. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

kdogg85

Reaction score
Did you leave the plug in the drain when you installed it? Stupid question I know, or the drain to the hpop cover is clogged somehow.

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
No plug in drain. Just disassembled turbo per seller/sponsors directions. Cleaned all oil passages and reassembled turbo. Filled feed line and oil will still not feed through turbo.

kdogg85

Reaction score
If the charger is off the truck, try pouring some in the top of it and see if it dribbles out. We have done that with ours just to get the bearings ready for the first spin. At least it would eliminate that part.

NRHX2009

Reaction score
If you want, you can send it in for me to look at, did I sell you the turbo?

During or pm's i didnt realize you werent getting oil flow through the turbo.

Swaan

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the bushings or bearings in the turbo were possibly installed wrong blocking the oil drain. The hole in the bushing is not lined up right blocking the drain. Just sayin. Really what else could it be. :shrug::

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the bushings or bearings in the turbo were possibly installed wrong blocking the oil drain. The hole in the bushing is not lined up right blocking the drain. Just sayin. Really what else could it be. :shrug::

Likely possible.

Op Was this a new turbo when you installed it?

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score

I took it apart to check that. They were installed correctly. They went back in how they should go.

Swaan

Reaction score
Sounds to me with what your describing the turbo not spinning. The bearing to shaft clearance is to tight. There has to be a bit of clearance for the oil to go throu. I would send it back. It's to tight. That's why oil won't go thru and also why it's not spinning. You should have a little up and down movement on the shaft. If its tight there's something assemble wrong or put together with wrong parts.

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
Sounds to me with what your describing the turbo not spinning. The bearing to shaft clearance is to tight. There has to be a bit of clearance for the oil to go throu. I would send it back. It's to tight. That's why oil won't go thru and also why it's not spinning. You should have a little up and down movement on the shaft. If its tight there's something assemble wrong or put together with wrong parts.

I agree with this, I think seller put a cheap rebuild kit in it and cleaned it up to look like new. Sponsor does not want to stand behind it and refund my money. Looks like im eating the cost of this one.

Latest posts

Members online